More information about Bruce 1

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

GoldenShield
Inquirer
Inquirer
More information about Bruce 1

Post by GoldenShield » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:20 pm

here is some more information from one of his old sites

Some of my personal interests and hobbies
I am not your typical person; I like to try new things... been a cowboy, construction worker, biker and security officer. I'm also of Cherokee descent, so got the Village People covered!
I have quite a large number of interests, as everything about life interest me. Here are a few of them, some from the old days when life was good, to some modern stuff. Intermixed is a few more personal details about the things I enjoy in life.

Motorcycling for 42 years
I've owned just about every kind of bike made, my first being a Honda CB-360T. Getting older, I am favoring the Gold Wing for general use, but still love my '87 Harley FXST/C softtail. It's a classic from a time long past.
And yeah, I like leather. The modern synthetics just don't compare.
Science Fiction
Avid Sci-Fi buff from the Fireball XL-5 days of the 1960s, Stingray and moving on up through Lost in Space, classic Star Trek, Doctor Who and into the more modern series like Babylon 5, Firefly and the Stargate franchises. I have always loved the old Sci-Fi because it stimulated the mind, new ideas and unimagined lands. Sorry to see the way it has gone, being basically "horror" these days.

Cowboy Days
Back around the turn of the century, I bought 105 acres of land in a remote region of Wyoming and started to build my own ranch. One of the better times of my life, being 30 miles from other people... total peace, quiet and a night sky that was so beautiful that it is nearly impossible to describe.
Had to sell the ranch back in 2009 to pay doctors, paramedics and a hospital for a trip to the ER and surgery. No insurance, so that one was tough to recover from... pretty much lost everything and had to start my life over again from scratch.

Me in my VERY young days in the "red shirt" with Jimmy Doohan ("Scotty", 1920-2005) at Dixie Trek in Atlanta, unveiling the "Helm-Nav console" the USS Republic had built for the event. He was one heck of a nice guy and I'm sure the entire Science Fiction community will always miss him.
Push the Button, Max!
Without doubt, my favorite comedy of all time, The Great Race, with the world's most evil villan (and my personal hero), Professor Fate (Jack Lemmon) and his henchman, Max (Peter Falk). A brilliant work by Blake Edwards that will last for centuries.

Lost Horizon
James Hilton's classic film of the remote lamasary of Shangri-la, tucked away in the Valley of Blue Moon in the Himalayas. This film, the 1973 musical, has been a huge inspiration and motivating force for my life, with its simple virtues of kindness and compassion.
Most people Don't Mess with THIS Guard
I've always enjoyed doing corporate and convention security work and I am darn good at it. I find it fun to "mess with people's minds" by using stereotypical imagery, such as this combination biker/security guard that is quite effective at things like Comic Con and Sci-Fi/Fantasy conventions. It's that "Mad Max" look that gets them every time--people will stop fighting and put on fake smiles just when I walk up to them! You can almost see in their minds, "Please don't kill me!!!"
Not seen, T-shirt that says, "Kill 'em all, Let God sort 'em out."

Construction Worker
When I bought my land in Wyoming, it did not take long to figure out the dirt was harder than concrete, so I became a heavy equipment operator to make life easier. I'm quite an expert on a backhoe/loader (own a CAT 416C) and made a good living helping out the local ranches with excavation issues, road grading, pipeline trenching and the occasion sewer system installation--though probably not as good as Ed Norton.

That, Sir, is Illogical.
Mr. Spock (Leonard Nimoy) from Classic Star Trek was my childhood role model. Being empathic from birth (part of being Aquarius) tends to lead towards autism, though they did not know what that was in my youth. One has problems with socializing because it is difficult to distinguish the emotions of others from your own. Mr. Spock and his Vulcan philosophy was a life saver for me... by redirecting that autistic empathy towards logic, computers and electronics, I became quite the industrial success, right at the onset of the Information Age. Still quite the "whiz kid" when it comes to computers.
Attachments
backoftruck.jpg.png
backoftruck.jpg.png (232.62KiB)Viewed 45881 times
security-640x897.jpg
security-640x897.jpg (62.74KiB)Viewed 45881 times
securityofficer-640x1076.jpg
securityofficer-640x1076.jpg (143.27KiB)Viewed 45881 times

GoldenShield
Inquirer
Inquirer

More Information About Bruce 2

Post by GoldenShield » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:21 pm

Attachments
cat416.jpg.png
cat416.jpg.png (167.14KiB)Viewed 45829 times
biker-goldwing-640x476.jpg
biker-goldwing-640x476.jpg (49.52KiB)Viewed 45829 times
backoftruck.jpg.png
backoftruck.jpg.png (232.62KiB)Viewed 45829 times

GoldenShield
Inquirer
Inquirer

More Information About Bruce 3

Post by GoldenShield » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:24 pm

Red shirt is bruce
Attachments
helmnav2.jpg
helmnav2.jpg (48.91KiB)Viewed 45836 times

Lozion
Adept
Adept

Re: More information about Bruce 1

Post by Lozion » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:17 pm

Hello, sorry to ask but who are you exactly?
Txs for sharing..
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

GoldenShield
Inquirer
Inquirer

Post by GoldenShield » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:20 pm

Just a friend and a patient of mine
First met him in 2005
Bruce lived with me from 2008 to 2010 when he was recovering from cancer the first time

Lozion
Adept
Adept

Post by Lozion » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:29 pm

GoldenShield wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:20 pm
Just a friend and a patient of mine
First met him in 2005
Bruce lived with me from 2008 to 2010 when he was recovering from cancer the first time
I see. Again, txs for sharing the info & pics.

He will be missed.
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

GoldenShield
Inquirer
Inquirer

Post by GoldenShield » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:33 pm

your welcome

i will post some more of his information when i get the time
i was lucky enough to spend 3-4 years with him

in 2006-8 i would visit him in the mountains outside of loveland, co ....once or twice a week for a 4-6 hours at a time
He had a RV parked on Phil Porters (President of ISUS in 2009 and lifetime member) property in the mountains at that time

He had cancer then the 1st time around 2008-9
He stayed with me a couple of months in 2008 and then moved in to a spare bedroom in 2009
He stayed there for about 2 years and then we both got RV's and moved to Wheatland, Wy for about a year

We would have the most incredible conversations for hours on end
In exchange for money for rent, electricity, i said just teach me everything you know!

We should spend 4-8 hours day 5-6 days a week researching whatever we were interested in
He only shared a fraction of his knowledge on this website, antiqatus, Rs2, ISUS

Most of his best knowledge was only taught in person...ask Gopi...he absorbed the most from Bruce...his best student indeed

Some of the best years of my life...great memories

Such a generous person with his knowledge...he even let me copy his hard drives with all his research on it!

A bear of a man (Lone Bear) with a heart of Gold

May your journey on the other side be as productive and fruitful as this one was

Djchrismac
Adept
Adept

Post by Djchrismac » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:38 am

Thanks very much for sharing this GoldenShield, it is nice to see some of Bruce's back story for those that knew him well over the last 10 years but were unfortunate not to meet him in person. Cheers.
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

Djchrismac
Adept
Adept

Re: More Information About Bruce 2

Post by Djchrismac » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:39 am

He wasn't kidding about the Village People! :D
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.

Djchrismac
Adept
Adept

Re: More Information About Bruce 3

Post by Djchrismac » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:45 am

Bruce once showed me another pic of a younger him from around the same time. It is nice to see old photos of someone after they have passed away, thanks again for sharing.