The Three Fates (Moirai) and what role they play in dreams?

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

Konix25
Muggle
Muggle
The Three Fates (Moirai) and what role they play in dreams?

Post by Konix25 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:48 am

Just this morning I had a dream. I don't remember most bits and pieces of the actual dream, but my mind is telling me none of that matters. However, my mind is screaming at me to find what it means, when you see the three fates in your dream. I know that when I saw them it was almost like I was unconsciously or spiritually seeing them, not physically. Anyways, they simply passed my house by, while they were passing by I looked at them through the window, and they all stopped and looked back. I simply waved, they smiled turned and continued to walk. Now I've been thinking about what this COULD or SHOULD mean. But nothing seems to add up. I've never had any kind of dream involving Greek mythology. NEVER! So this is entirely new to me. If anyone can help me out with this, I'll be forever grateful. How do I know it was the three fates? Because my gut tells me they were. Simple as that. Oh and I forgot to mention, two of the three were laughing, almost as if having a conversation.

Please note, I'm new to this site, and the reason I joined was because it felt like the correct place to ask. And if you know me, you know I love following my instinct, because it's usually right. (If this post happens to be in the wrong area, please forgive me, and simply move it to the correct forum) -To Staff

Andrew
Cognitor
Cognitor

Re: The Three Fates (Moirai) and what role they play in dreams?

Post by Andrew » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:07 pm

Hi, and welcome! I could think of no better site for dream interpretation if, I'm assuming, you have read daniel's papers and are at least somewhat exposed to the Reciprocal Systems of physical theory.

I have never heard of the Moirai before, but after a quick look, I can take a quick guess as to what the two of them laughing are and the one who is not mean. Since everything in your dreams is YOU, until you reach a much later stage of development, the two of the Moirai that are chatty represent the two hemispheres of your brain. Chatting away with each other, much like they do when you are awake. Like the "monkey mind." In the RS, we like to break things down to their constituent parts: space and time. The left brain values what fills space; it is the linear and objective thinker, from A to B. What the right brain values is commonly known as the imagination or abstract thinking, but its function in the brain is really just what it can sense in 3D time. When you dream, your consciousness is inverted and all your waking thoughts become your surroundings.

You're creating your dreams in 3D time, just like you have thoughts in your waking 3D spatial life.

If they, your two brain hemispheres, run amok just off the stimulus of the environment in space, and ignore that dreams are a part of you, in time, then you are just either a muggle or an animal (are they really that much different from each other? To quote Qui Gon Jinn from Star Wars Episode I: The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.)

The one of the Moirai who was not laughing is the part of you that is above those two chattering complexes: what is YOU, or more exactly, your consciousness! The decider. Your free-will aspect that can be the Grey Jedi, as we are discussing on Antiquatis, that stands between both influences of your brain, and engages the game of choice! It is no laughing matter. :geek:

... :lol:

Why Greek mythology? Your brain chose a symbol set that could relay deep, archetypal knowledge to you. Since we hardly get anything truly meaningful at a spiritual (intelligent) level presented to us in present day society, your soul or temporal body chose the best thing it could to communicate to you the deep changes you are likely undergoing.

Continue to follow your gut feelings as you did with this dream. That is how your temporal body communicates with you even when you are awake. Through your feelings.
It is almost a matter of principle that in any difficult unsolved problem the right method of attack has not been found; failure to solve important problems is rarely due to inadequacy in the handling of technical details.

Konix25
Muggle
Muggle

Post by Konix25 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:54 pm

Thinking about all of this is making my head spin a little! xD Though it all makes quite a bit more sense than I expected anyone to come up with. Not to mention it all sounds correct. But to ensure what I'm understanding is the same as what you mean. So you basically said that my mind was almost looking at itself in a way that my "consciousness" could understand, (in this case, greek mythology) and was basically showing me what it was in general. However I want to know now, what was the point of doing so? Though you probably couldn't answer this one... Thank you for the information, and how was that new star wars movie? xD Because you clearly are stuck on star wars. Either way, what you describe is very interesting to me. I'll be sure to look into it further and see what I can do with the information. Left brain to right brain communication in other words... x3

daniel
Professor
Professor

Post by daniel » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:23 pm

Konix25 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:48 am
when you see the three fates in your dream. I know that when I saw them it was almost like I was unconsciously or spiritually seeing them, not physically.
The Fates are the tripartite expression of LIFE, a beginning, middle and end. This is the case with all things that are bound by clock time.
Konix25 wrote:
Anyways, they simply passed my house by, while they were passing by I looked at them through the window, and they all stopped and looked back. I simply waved, they smiled turned and continued to walk.
So you watched LIFE pass before your eyes... interesting. Being outside the house (ego), they represent the possibility for a new path of life (don't know if you are dissatisfied with the one you are on)--sort of a chapter, akin to the Christian concept of being "born again."

You have not embraced this, as it is outside the house, but are aware of the opportunity because you saw it through the "window of opportunity."
Konix25 wrote:
Now I've been thinking about what this COULD or SHOULD mean. But nothing seems to add up. I've never had any kind of dream involving Greek mythology. NEVER! So this is entirely new to me.
Well, at least you did not say "It's all Greek to me!" :D
Konix25 wrote:
If anyone can help me out with this, I'll be forever grateful. How do I know it was the three fates? Because my gut tells me they were. Simple as that. Oh and I forgot to mention, two of the three were laughing, almost as if having a conversation.
It would be helpful to know which two? Hopefully the first and second, otherwise the "last laugh" may be on you.
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

Andrew
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by Andrew » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Konix25 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:54 pm
Thinking about all of this is making my head spin a little! xD Though it all makes quite a bit more sense than I expected anyone to come up with. Not to mention it all sounds correct. But to ensure what I'm understanding is the same as what you mean. So you basically said that my mind was almost looking at itself in a way that my "consciousness" could understand, (in this case, greek mythology) and was basically showing me what it was in general. However I want to know now, what was the point of doing so? Though you probably couldn't answer this one... Thank you for the information, and how was that new star wars movie? xD Because you clearly are stuck on star wars. Either way, what you describe is very interesting to me. I'll be sure to look into it further and see what I can do with the information. Left brain to right brain communication in other words... x3
My apologies it took nearly a month to get back to you. All of this stuff does make your head spin, indeed. Nonetheless, what was the point of your soul transferring that dream to you, in the way your consciousness could understand, I believe is your question.

When you're awake, your unconscious mind is taking in more motions than you are aware of/ what you are conscious of. You can think of it as your memory bank. If there is a life review after you die, the repository of your memories lies in your unconscious mind. It records everything at the speed of light as it happens.

When you go to sleep, what you are conscious of are your thoughts accelerated at a level faster than the speed of light. You get the feeling and see how things will or can happen, symbolically, in your waking life. Sort of as a trajectory of what can happen, based on your values and pre-supposed actions/ethics.

Mythology is great for forming archetypal, persistent, time-tested lessons. Lessons not available all the time in space (i.e. how many people do you know talk about synchronicities between their dreams and their waking life?), but eventually happen in time (1.)

As a species, we have demonstrated this following assertion to be true: "We've been hardwired to want short-term more than long-term benefit."

Your dreams cut through the "garbage", the illusions, to the crux of matters. Good or bad. That is why they are important, and why it is basic "homework" for one wanting to understand themselves better to practice psychocartography, as described by daniel and Bruce on Antiquatis.

--------------------------
1. You asked about my Star Wars fix, so an example of things that do not happen immediately in space but over time, as discussed in The Last Jedi *spoilers*,
is the hubris Luke tells Rey about regarding the Jedi order. How the Dark side was able to rise through the ranks of the Republic they were supposed to defend, and destroys them. How vanity got the better of them to the point of blind arrogance, because they refused to conceive the other half of the Force had value to life. Hell, Anakin may have never become Darth Vader if Mace Windu showed Anakin a little respect.
It is almost a matter of principle that in any difficult unsolved problem the right method of attack has not been found; failure to solve important problems is rarely due to inadequacy in the handling of technical details.

joeyv23
Mage
Mage

Post by joeyv23 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:00 am

This takes me back... literally just a little over four years ago. I had a dream involving a group of three women that I later associated with the Moirai. As it turns out this was a pivotal point for my personal growth. The amount of change I've undergone in the time since I had that dream and posted about it is staggering. The interpretations and assistance I got after posting the dream led me to one of the single most important concepts I've ever encountered, psychocartography.

Here's the link to that thread. Don't mind how high I must have been (all the 'lol's are a dead giveaway) :roll:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=680
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

lyrg
Muggle
Muggle

Post by lyrg » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:58 am

i know this is 3 years old but i had a similar dream sort.i don’t even know anything about mythology so i googled what i saw & the first thing that came up was The Moirai/fates.

a voice told me to look for the laughing sisters. and it led me to 3 sisters/triplets.

1st sister was beautiful, but seemed like she was from a different time period, like an ancient one. she had wavy hair i think & was wearing a white gown.

2nd sister was also beautiful & identical to the first, but she seemed more modern like from this era. her hair was slicked back into a bun & she was wearing a white collar shirt.

3rd sister was scary. she had long, unruly hair, cloaked in a shadow? was cackling sinisterly. they all were laughing but her laugh was scary

I know i needed their help for some reason, idk why. The dream was kinda long..

So in short when i woke up i thought it was super spooky, so i googled what it could mean, & immediately what came up was: “The Moirai“ or i guess they’re known as “The Fates”. Like look at the pic & tell me it’s not essentially verbatim what i saw
https://eclecticlightdotcom.files.wordp ... .jpg?w=752

Djchrismac
Adept
Adept

Post by Djchrismac » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:01 pm

Hi lyrg, welcome to the forum! Dreams take place on your holodeck and perhaps it is fate that you found this website as not only will the daniel papers and Reciprocal System help improve your understanding of the universe of motion and more but there is also a lot of dream research on here and Antiquatis.org.

Maybe the following paper will help you find some answers?

http://reciprocalsystem.org/paper/dream ... m-allegory

Cheers!
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!