Return of the Wizards

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

PHIon
Mage
Mage
Re: Friend or Foe?

Post by PHIon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:10 pm

daniel wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:04 pm
And there is the "third way," but that requires a different way of being, something that humanity may no longer be capable of--a consolidation of Renaissance man and Uncommitted Investigator.

Choose.
I like the third way because a different way of being is the only way back to Nature, ala vibrational LM thinking: "this rock is a B flat," etc.
"just down the road a little way, turn left, cross the drawbridge, and you will be my guest tonight."
-- directions to the grail castle

PHIon
Mage
Mage

Re: Return of the Wizards

Post by PHIon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:20 pm

daniel wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:22 am
Temper wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:23 pm
Have you previously atttempted to share your current knowledge base of wizardy?
No, not in any detail. I've talked about bioenergy and how it is generated and distributed, but not how to apply it to alter the external environment.
I tried on my own to save a tree with my bioenergy but was not successful, per se. I tried to give a part of myself to the tree, but I have some health issues also. The suffering tree did have a better year this year, though, but it also had more food. A material solution combined with a temporal one seems like the best approach. The tree didn't lose as many leaves as last year.
"just down the road a little way, turn left, cross the drawbridge, and you will be my guest tonight."
-- directions to the grail castle

tymeflyz
Seeker
Seeker

Post by tymeflyz » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:21 pm

I would be interested in other Hugs members opinions .
I found this 1st link intriguing and I believe a good primer summation of this topic .
Published on Nov 3, 2017-Between Mortals and Gods - MAGIC AND SORCERY DOCUMENTARY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjtc_SQle30
Published on Sep 23, 2017 - Ultimate Esoteric and Sorcery Lecture by Thomas Sheridan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFstp49LFKk
I have be reading his blog for a couple of years, here is his latest post.
http://thomassheridanofficialblog.blogs ... magic.html

I dont know if these (youtube) videos can or even should be imbedded in a reply or comment like this one , so Daniel please let me know . I dont want to create or post a bandwidth hog for the Hugs site.

DickPile
Inquirer
Inquirer

Post by DickPile » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Hey people! I'm not the most active, but really enjoy the conversations in this forum.

This wizarding thing sounds interesting, and I'm surprised no one else has asked, but what kind of effects or magick would we be able to do (not sure how to write this)? Would it be telekinesis, telepathy, flying, teleportation, producing water out of air, make plants grow faster, making gold from whatever?

In my mind, I'm not sure which method is the best. I sort of agree with Daniel that leaving the technology to do magic out on the cloud could not be such a good idea, since once a technology is understood, anyone can use it. Then again, if the technology requires a high level of understanding, maybe only intelligent people with relatively high ethical standards could understand it. Hard to know.
Also, if we look at buddhism, we saw that Buddha mastered a technique to aquire truth and he taught it on to his students, but his students didn't teach it well enough, so the technique and effects slowly waned away into what it is today (+ thousands of slaughtered munks doesn't really help). So even teaching the technology in person could turn out inefficient in the long run.

However, I have one piece of lessons that I bought on the internet, that I can't find shared anywhere on the internet, probably due to respect for the copyright and the teacher, so copyrighting and selling lectures online in the form of mp3 (or something) could be an alternative. And maybe call the lessons something very mainstream so it wouldn't pop up on the top of search engines, unless you know what to look for, or are reeeally interested in finding that.

Anyways, I'm just brainstorming :D , but very curious still as to what kind of abilities we could learn to do?

Best wishes, Rikard
Truth is pure beautiful simplicity

Ilkka
Adept
Adept

Post by Ilkka » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:03 pm

DickPile wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:15 pm
what kind of effects or magick would we be able to do (not sure how to write this)? Would it be telekinesis, telepathy, flying, teleportation, producing water out of air, make plants grow faster, making gold from whatever?
Well, I think that it would be all of the above and maybe a bit more. Manipulation/control over energy/matter would be the short version. Matter as we know is just energy in its basis so controlling it would give us the ability to create things "out of thin air" and also we could project ourselves in this field as "teleportation".

I think big not sure if it could be reality though. I let daniel answer what he thinks, since he (obviously) has more knowledge of magic than I.

joeyv23
Mage
Mage

Post by joeyv23 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:19 am

Ilkka wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:03 pm
DickPile wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:15 pm
what kind of effects or magick would we be able to do (not sure how to write this)? Would it be telekinesis, telepathy, flying, teleportation, producing water out of air, make plants grow faster, making gold from whatever?
Well, I think that it would be all of the above and maybe a bit more. Manipulation/control over energy/matter would be the short version. Matter as we know is just energy in its basis so controlling it would give us the ability to create things "out of thin air" and also we could project ourselves in this field as "teleportation".

I think big not sure if it could be reality though. I let daniel answer what he thinks, since he (obviously) has more knowledge of magic than I.
The issue with doing magic of that sort is that when it was an everyday occurrence, the environment wasn't as saturated with wireless signals and radiation as it is today. The other issue is of our physical bodies very possibly not being up to the task. When I look at the items listed here, (except for telepathy since that's absolutely something we're currently capable of... you should be in a room with a couple of us telepaths - makes for interesting dinner conversation to say the least) the only way I see it working in today's world is through some form of external assistance. I've been working on some ideas with daniel and transmutation of elements is a relatively simple matter (punintended). Any technology that we build will have a built in safety mechanism in place, such that a person without sufficient ethical control wouldn't be able to make it work. There's also the fact that it would likely be based in the RS or some derivative thereof so it's unlikely that it could be replicated without trying to understand the system that, by natural consequence, leads to development of ethical control units.
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

Ilkka
Adept
Adept

Post by Ilkka » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:49 am

joeyv23 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:19 am
you should be in a room with a couple of us telepaths - makes for interesting dinner conversation to say the least)
So how does your telepathy work? You hear what the otherone is saying in their mind? See pictures he/she is imagining or memorizing?

joeyv23
Mage
Mage

Post by joeyv23 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:21 am

Ilkka wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:49 am
joeyv23 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:19 am
you should be in a room with a couple of us telepaths - makes for interesting dinner conversation to say the least)
So how does your telepathy work? You hear what the otherone is saying in their mind? See pictures he/she is imagining or memorizing?
It depends. If the other person had developed psionic ability and you are familiar with them, you can very nearly read entire sentences out of their minds. Often, telepathy comes across symbolically. If common symbols are shared, you can get the exact thing the person was thinking about. If not, you'll see the concept they're contemplating through your own symbol set and have to be able to see past your own symbols to the core concept. This is what daniel refers to as conceptual telepathy and becomes possible after you do some psychocartography and familiarize yourself with your own symbol sets. My mind sees in pictures and if I try, I can see what's going on in a person's mind as if I were watching scenes from a movie. The thing is that I'm never just closing my eyes, putting my fingers to my temples and "reading" as though you would from a book. Telepathy requires some knowledge of human behavior and psychology. It's watching for unconscious signals, paying attention to the eyes because they speak worlds unto themselves, and being able to see the patterns and flow within an interaction. The hardest people to "read" are folks with an individuated consciousness, unless they themselves are engaged with you in a way that allows for deeper communication that just spoken words. Everyone else is pretty easy.

joeyv23
Mage
Mage

Post by joeyv23 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:32 pm

I think I got that backwards yesterday. People who are more individuated/ing are easier to have telepathic interaction with than most others. The majority of people are easy to read because they're archetypal humans and if you can see a big enough picture for humanity, they can be read, but by and large most people who have no interest in personal/spiritual development are very closed off and their individual minds are hard to read, even though they might - as an extension of the collective - be easily read.

Ilkka
Adept
Adept

Post by Ilkka » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:40 am

joeyv23 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:32 pm
I think I got that backwards yesterday. People who are more individuated/ing are easier to have telepathic interaction with than most others.
This seems more likely than the other way around.