Return of the Wizards

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

daniel
Professor
Professor
Re: Return of the Wizards

Post by daniel » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:22 am

Temper wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:23 pm
Have you previously atttempted to share your current knowledge base of wizardy?
No, not in any detail. I've talked about bioenergy and how it is generated and distributed, but not how to apply it to alter the external environment.
Temper wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:23 pm
Does the learning format have to be via words on paper/computer screen? Woiuld it behoove all involved to have personal sessions, a la small discussion groups?

Seems like face to face is the safest way to deliver potentially dangerous knowledge.
That idea has recently passed through my mind... perhaps giving an actual class on "Wizardry 101" open to a small group of people, perhaps 20. That way it is small enough to get one-on-one assistance with the exercises, much like Harry Potter training students in the Room of Requirement. But it would not be a weekend thing... probably talking daily for a fortnight and something that I could not do for free, as it would be a "full time" experience, and I still have to buy food and pay the bills. And there is always the problem that people may just not "get it" and feel it was a waste of time/money.

I'll put some more thought into it... given current convention prices for Wilcock et al, what would you think would be a fair, per-person price for such a class?
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

Ilkka
Adept
Adept

Post by Ilkka » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:29 am

daniel wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:22 am
I'll put some more thought into it... given current convention prices for Wilcock et al, what would you think would be a fair, per-person price for such a class?
You gotta think it like how much you would actually need to "survive" plus maybe a little extra, the more people less cost per head. That would be the most courteous approach in my opinion. Maybe some physical papers about some practices etc. to put out which the attendants would pay of course, ink and all that. Just gotta place a rough amount on it all.

Perhaps such a class could take place in local park or woods to and not in some rented convention center, for lower cost.

animus
Mage
Mage

Post by animus » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:05 am

daniel wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:30 pm
Interesting discussion followed concerning the nature of modern humans (making me think that Agent Smith here was not human) and what I should write on should be the "precursor" to the various ways to access the Other Realm, not the choices I have listed. Basically, use "natural consequence" to get TO where the path splits... and the response to that would indicate the path to follow.

I think I am going to give that a try. I'll take you to the point of the choice, then leave it up to you where it goes from there--if anywhere.
I like that idea! It is actually exactly what I thought the paper would turn out to be when you first mentioned to write another paper a year ago.

daniel wrote:
probably talking daily for a fortnight and something that I could not do for free, as it would be a "full time" experience, and I still have to buy food and pay the bills. And there is always the problem that people may just not "get it" and feel it was a waste of time/money.

Sounds like summer camp deep in the woods! Make it an even $500,- per person and you will have enough to get by for at least half a year, provided you will find 20 people to sign up. Should you have some financial buffer in the end, use it to offer a winter conference at the same price.

Gurdjieff used to take money for his regular meetings. His mentality was that if somebody really wanted to attend, then that person would find a way to come up with the money, which was quite a sum. The collected money served for travels, equipment and research, not only for him but also for people within the group. But he also made exceptions on occasion and let some attend for less or even free, if they had no means to pay the fee but were really interested in what he had to say.
On a similar note, the financial buffer can also/instead be used to help others pay for camp/conference. It is only natural that those who wouldn't mind paying a full $500 (or whatever the amount may be) give a portion of that to those who aren't able to save up said amount. After all, everyday life has its cost and unforeseen circumstances can empty everybody's account overnight. And thus, those who have give to those who need.
Last edited by animus on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: meant to say Gurdjieff, not Ouspensky

MrTwig
Mage
Mage

Post by MrTwig » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Ilkka wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:29 am
daniel wrote:
You gotta think it like how much you would actually need to "survive" plus maybe a little extra, the more people less cost per head. That would be the most courteous approach in my opinion. Maybe some physical papers about some practices etc. to put out which the attendants would pay of course, ink and all that. Just gotta place a rough amount on it all.

Perhaps such a class could take place in local park or woods to and not in some rented convention center, for lower cost.
That would be a great idea to get together except that I live in New York locked into a standard everyday life. What about a virtual world where you (daniel) control the results of a virtual encounter as in a game. You could have someone create a system like the Sims. In this world the characters would be the students. I see everyone learning whatever they need. The only problem is how to set this up. I am sure there would be an expert willing to help. Just a thought.
All that glitter is not GOLD!

daniel
Professor
Professor

Post by daniel » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:23 pm

animus wrote:On a similar note, the financial buffer can also/instead be used to help others pay for camp/conference.
That is a nice idea; I've been in that boat... often found that those that would benefit the most are the ones that could never afford the trip.

At one time, Aaron and I talked about renting one of those camping facilities (with buildings, not tents) down in Panama, out in the wild where Nature is at its strongest. That would be the optimal situation, as the qi situation here in the States is getting rather bad. Nature barely feels alive these days.

It would be a lot of prep work. Let me see how the paper goes. Started with the Star Wars "Return of the Wizards" motif, but have slipped a bit into the old "War of the Worlds," which, curiously enough, seems very appropriate. It almost works verbatim from the old radio script...
No one would have believed, in the last ages of the Neogene epoch, that guardian affairs were being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than theirs and yet as dedicated as his own was...

The Annuna seem to have calculated their descent with amazing subtlety—their mathematical learning is evidently far in excess of ours—and to have carried out their preparations with a well-nigh perfect unanimity.

Then came the night of the first falling star. It was seen early in the morning, rushing over Miðgarðr eastward, a line of flame high in the atmosphere. Hundreds must have seen it, and taken it for an ordinary falling star…
It's spooky!

Temper
Inquirer
Inquirer

Post by Temper » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:56 pm

I for one would be very interested in something like a wizard sabbatical. My questions are thus. How can I help make this a reality. Would there be any type of prepwork (physically, spiritually, chemically...lol) that would improve cognizance of this experience? and can i bring my wife? haha

Lozion
Adept
Adept

Post by Lozion » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:03 pm

Temper wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:56 pm
I for one would be very interested in something like a wizard sabbatical. My questions are thus. How can I help make this a reality. Would there be any type of prepwork (physically, spiritually, chemically...lol) that would improve cognizance of this experience? and can i bring my wife? haha
Wizard sabbatical, I like that! If MrTwig’s idea of virtual teaching cant be made then a retreat sound like the thing to do, hopefully outside the US in a « neutral » country..
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

daniel
Professor
Professor

Post by daniel » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:36 am

Temper wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:56 pm
Would there be any type of prepwork (physically, spiritually, chemically...lol) that would improve cognizance of this experience? and can i bring my wife? haha
Yes, there is. Wizardry requires the use of bioenergy, which everyone has but very few actually USE, so the meridian lines that direct that bioenergy flow are thin and weak, allowing very little current to flow. Physical exercises like taijiquan (太极拳) assist the development of that flow.

Spiritually, you need to be "grey" and not biased towards the light or the dark. Wizarding is a balance of bioforce; one cannot understand the light without dark, nor the dark without light. "We are grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

Chemically, no drugs, no tobacco, no liquor, no caffeine... these are what the dark wizards provide to you, every day, to make sure you STAY a muggle.

animus
Mage
Mage

Post by animus » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:37 am

Ilkka, you said you were practicing Qigong, right? Somebody in my town is teaching Qigong and Taijiquan and I am thinking about practicing it as well. Would you mind relating your experience? Like how long you have been practicing and what you personally got out of it? Did you get to a level where you actually felt something when you played around with the energies in and around you and if yes, how long did it take until you got to this point. I am asking because when I look at some videos on the Internet, I see a bunch of people imitating the instructor by doing some very slow exercises, a bit of stretching, and I get the impression that most of them have no clue what they are doing beside the physical exercise. Of course, I can't feel anything just by watching a video. But still, I am not sure if joining a club is as helpful as I would expect it do be. Also, in a Western world, people often come and go into and out of clubs. And I have to wonder, when playing with bioenergies where group dynamics are essential, wouldn't this be a problem? Wouldn't this disrupt the whole flow of bioenergy or at least a big part of it?
It seems only logical that I ask these questions first, before it is I who disrupts the energy flow in the club by joining and then leaving shortly after, still feeling quite intense.
daniel wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:36 am
Spiritually, you need to be "grey" and not biased towards the light or the dark. Wizarding is a balance of bioforce; one cannot understand the light without dark, nor the dark without light. "We are grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."
I think this paragraph has triggered something last night. (Or maybe it was something from Being Erica which I was watching before going to sleep. Last episode before sleep was s03e12 where she was finally ready for the next step in her life.)
Here is my dream: I was lying on a couch and noticed how the yellow lamp, that was hanging over the table, was dimming all by itself, as if the electricity was sucked out of it. When it went completely dark, I felt an oppressiveness inside of me. A very unusual and frightening feeling. I barely had any nightmares in the last decade, so I am not used to having feelings this intense. The light turned on again but then started to dim and went dark once more. Again I felt a strong oppressiveness. Then, in that dark room there was a bright, white, horizontal light on a table in the corner. It was the size of a glowing stick, the kind you take with you when you walk into a cave. I was about to stand up to check it out but woke up in the same moment.
After calming down my immediate thought was if I should join the Taiji/Qigong club. I guess, I have my answer right there.
daniel's current signature wrote: Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
I will try that the next time it happens. :D
no caffeine...
I guess that includes raw cocoa beans.

Lozion
Adept
Adept

Post by Lozion » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Im now at 3 months without alcohol but
no caffeine...
?

:shock: :cry: :|
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.