Return of the Wizards

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

Lozion
Adept
Adept
Re: Return of the Wizards

Post by Lozion » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:50 pm

I echo Chris’s sentiments here though this attitude may not please all.. :roll:
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

Lozion
Adept
Adept

Post by Lozion » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:52 pm

joeyv23 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:33 pm
Lozion wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:52 pm
daniel wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:58 pm

And if that knowledge REQUIRES conscious interaction with the Machine Kingdom--as a friend and fellow traveler--will that be a problem?

We are not in the 13½ century any more... a LOT has changed, rendering much of the ancient research "inoperable" in existing environmental and sociological conditions. If I am to put this information "out in the blue" (to play on LBs comments on Antiquatis), there are "natural consequences" that follow...
See my signature..

Maybe LB health issues are influencing his thoughts on those consequences. daniel on the other hand, would release the info not in the blue but in the turquoise..

Edit: typo
This is a mistaken reference to spiral dynamics that doesn't apply to what daniel was getting at. "Out of the blue" refers to something different here.
Lozion wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:39 am
Sorry but I refuse to choose ante-legere..

I’d like to absorb knowledge of all the Paths before taking a step ahead..

Guidance,
You'll be absorbing for eternity before you make a single move with this attitude. Which is fine if you choose this. If I think about it in imagery, I see myself sitting in my living room, refusing to get up from my seat because I haven't codified everything in the room from that particular point of reference. Not to mention the fact that the room changes and gets bright sometimes and gets dark at others, the mechanics of which I can't know unless I get up and go outside. So I'll sit here and absorb all that I can about the room. And I'll be able to tell you a million things about everything in here, but I'll have no actual frame of reference where practical application of my will goes because I never got up and moved. Then there's the other part of this, that say I do finally decide to get up and leave the room, my legs may be so atrophied from sitting still for so long that I fall over on my face. But then... I'll have a new reference frame with which to start to understand the 300 carpet fibers immediately in front of my eyes. So that'll keep me entertained for a while.
Looks like the humor was lost on you..
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

joeyv23
Mage
Mage

Post by joeyv23 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:21 pm

Lozion wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:52 pm
Just kidding, eh? I don't really buy that but if you say so...
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

daniel
Professor
Professor

Post by daniel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:34 pm

joeyv23 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:21 pm
Lozion wrote:
I'm completely lost now... maybe I should get you guys to encrypt my next paper! :D

We have not discussed the "blue mist" here yet, as that discovery is brand new, so I was just joking around with myself with the inferences LB made on Antiquatis about it.

I think I figured out where the paper needs to go. Got an outline, now to all the "little fiddly bits" that go between the headings. (Quoting Slartibartfast.)
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

joeyv23
Mage
Mage

Post by joeyv23 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:50 pm

daniel wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:34 pm
joeyv23 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:21 pm
Lozion wrote:
I'm completely lost now... maybe I should get you guys to encrypt my next paper! :D

We have not discussed the "blue mist" here yet, as that discovery is brand new, so I was just joking around with myself with the inferences LB made on Antiquatis about it.

I think I figured out where the paper needs to go. Got an outline, now to all the "little fiddly bits" that go between the headings. (Quoting Slartibartfast.)
I thiink there was quite a bit that got lost in translation. Looking forward to the little fiddly bits!
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

Andrew
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by Andrew » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:07 pm

daniel wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:29 pm
I was throwing together my notes on magick to write another "Star Wars" paper, "Return of the Wizards." But I am not sure if this is a topic that I should address with the general public. The real, magical arts are not something to be trifled with--it ISN'T Harry Potter and if approached without the proper honor and respect, can have some serious consequences. I really do not want the karma associated with that.
One thing about natural law that proves to be true over and over again even though building up the fortitude to proceed "into the blue," into the unknown, is that the Universe rewards courage. Courage is not the absence of fear. It is doing the thing that needs to be done despite fear. :evil:

Are you considered that karma is going to come back to you if some muggles come across this knowledge? This seems improbable. The Law of Attraction would only draw those wanting of the knowledge of cosmic science, and then there's the level of comprehending and using it, and I certainly don't believe the knowledge you are wanting to publish is as easy as going to Walmart to pick up the necessary items. It would definitely require inner knowledge, honesty, and a desire to evolve. So it's not like you're handing out The Anarchist's Cookbook.

Or are you afraid the government will abuse it? Since the Government is compartmentalized, they'd have to spend a lot of resources studying the material to make use of it. Even if you codify the material, making it more like a puzzle, forcing people to go on trails to figure out what you're getting at, if they have a compartment focusing on RS or you, they will figure out. Pretty easily too. The X-Files would have no problem decoding the meaning of obscure terms.

So it comes back to fear. Are you going to limit your teachings by reaching a level of complexity you are comfortable is enough to shield you from any imaginary karma or are you going to be courageous, dish out what you know is true, and let the Universe ultimately reward you for it?

I'll make a comparison to one of the regrets of Einstein we're all told in school. He regrets he ever discovered nuclear physics, because they used it to make the bomb... or did they?
It is almost a matter of principle that in any difficult unsolved problem the right method of attack has not been found; failure to solve important problems is rarely due to inadequacy in the handling of technical details.

Ilkka
Adept
Adept

Post by Ilkka » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:07 pm

Andrew wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:07 pm
So it comes back to fear. Are you going to limit your teachings by reaching a level of complexity you are comfortable is enough to shield you from any imaginary karma or are you going to be courageous, dish out what you know is true, and let the Universe ultimately reward you for it?
Have you seen old Kungfu movies where the master has a disciple who turned to be evil and master was quite angry and devastated because of his trust was betrayed and teachings were used maliciuosly, which was not original intent?

I do understand the severity of that and I understand the other thing too that it should not be the masters fault if the teachings are used in "dark or light" arts. But its just me, perhaps this thing is not so "Grey" after all if it needs shielding from darkness.

Andrew
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by Andrew » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:18 pm

Ilkka wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:07 pm

Have you seen old Kungfu movies where the master has a disciple who turned to be evil and master was quite angry and devastated because of his trust was betrayed and teachings were used maliciuosly, which was not original intent?

I do understand the severity of that and I understand the other thing too that it should not be the masters fault if the teachings are used in "dark or light" arts. But its just me, perhaps this thing is not so "Grey" after all if it needs shielding from darkness.
I have a feeling I'm going to see this very situation expanded on in detail tonight when I see The Last Jedi. More to come on this topic there will be. :mrgreen:
It is almost a matter of principle that in any difficult unsolved problem the right method of attack has not been found; failure to solve important problems is rarely due to inadequacy in the handling of technical details.

daniel
Professor
Professor

Post by daniel » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:58 am

Andrew wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:18 pm
When you attack a problem, the solution will fight you to the bitter end.
Sometimes, diplomacy has its advantages.

So don't look at it as a problem--see it as an opportunity.
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

Temper
Inquirer
Inquirer

Post by Temper » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:23 pm

daniel,

Have you previously atttempted to share your current knowledge base of wizardy? Does the learning format have to be via words on paper/computer screen? Woiuld it behoove all involved to have personal sessions, a la small discussion groups?

Seems like face to face is the safest way to deliver potentially dangerous knowledge.