Forum Update

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

admin
Forum Update

Post by admin » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:12 pm

I will be updating the forum software to the latest version. If you access the site and find something like this:
aq.org.jpg
aq.org.jpg (503.9KiB)Viewed 21383 times
You need to clear your browser cache. Most browsers support CTRL-F5 to do this; if not, you have to go into your preferences/options and manually clear it there. After clearing the cache, it should work properly again.

admin

Re: Forum Update

Post by admin » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:22 pm

The forum has been updated. Reply here or PM daniel if there are any problems.

trippingthelight
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by trippingthelight » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:48 pm

no problem on here, but I have not been able to access antiquatis for a week. Quite often I cannot even get the http://forum.antiquatis.org/ page up, just get the message below and when i do, as soon as i log in I get the same message. It's the same on 3 separate computers on 2 different connections and also on my phone.

The forum.antiquatis.org page isn’t working

forum.antiquatis.org is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Djchrismac
Adept
Adept

Post by Djchrismac » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:11 am

trippingthelight wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:48 pm
no problem on here, but I have not been able to access antiquatis for a week. Quite often I cannot even get the http://forum.antiquatis.org/ page up, just get the message below and when i do, as soon as i log in I get the same message. It's the same on 3 separate computers on 2 different connections and also on my phone.

HTTP ERROR 500
Did you try the cache reload of the page or see if it works on a different browser? Try clearing out the browser cache too.
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

trippingthelight
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by trippingthelight » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Just tried Firefox (never been on the site on that browser) and didn't work and freshly downloaded Opera and didn't work on that either. It happens as soon as I log in, I have never posted on there, would they have purged all non posters in the last update?! There is one laptop I haven't used yet, so will try that.

trippingthelight
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by trippingthelight » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:35 pm

something definitely wrong with the website, just tried on a completely CH/antiquatis clean laptop and same error when logging in.

Andrew
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by Andrew » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:48 pm

That definitely happened for me too on both sites when they upgraded, but all I think I did was clear the cache of Firefox, and it worked after that. The errors showed up on both my computer and phone, but when I corrected it at one end, it didn't show up on the other. Strange.
It is almost a matter of principle that in any difficult unsolved problem the right method of attack has not been found; failure to solve important problems is rarely due to inadequacy in the handling of technical details.

daniel
Professor
Professor

Post by daniel » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:45 pm

trippingthelight wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:35 pm
something definitely wrong with the website, just tried on a completely CH/antiquatis clean laptop and same error when logging in.
A 500 error is "internal server error" -- that is a problem with the request being made to the server. It may be a firewall issue with your ISP. Can you access the RS2 forum? (It is exactly the same software.)

I was just on the Antiquatis forum and did find a bug in the UCP/Board Preferences that results in a blank screen. So there is something wrong, but would not give a 500 error.
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

bruce
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by bruce » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:27 pm

trippingthelight wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:48 pm
HTTP ERROR 500
Try it now. I found an incompatible extension on the forum site and have upgraded it. Not sure why it just picked on you...

trippingthelight
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by trippingthelight » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:55 am

:D :D :D :D
yep all good now, thanks very much! Must have been those 'gremlins'