Heading to Salt Lake City for the gathering

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

AnAncientAwakening
Cognitor
Cognitor
Heading to Salt Lake City for the gathering

Post by AnAncientAwakening » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:52 pm

Hey all,

Just wanted to put up a quick post here to say that I've got my travel plans booked for the Root Gathering in Salt Lake City later this month.

If others are still looking into making plans for accommodations, I've got a suggestion: The Camelot Hostel, within walking distance to the library. I've got a private room booked for $110 for four nights. Tough price to beat, I'd think. Here's the link: http://www.ut123.com/CH.htm Kinda kitche, what with the 'yellow brick road' leading up to the 'entrance to the castle'; entering your code to access the building (self check-in); logging onto the computer in the lobby to get another code to open the lock box outside the door to your room; paying the gnome five silver pence to get the key to enter your abode :-)

Anyhow, if anyone books here, feel free to send me a private message. I'll be getting in early on Thursday evening, staying until Monday afternoon.

I'm looking forward to meeting folks. By the by, I had a very vivid dream about this gathering over the weekend, but it was an awfully strange one.
"Our genius ain't appreciated around here...let's scram!"

daniel
Professor
Professor

Re: Heading to Salt Lake City for the gathering

Post by daniel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:27 pm

AnAncientAwakening wrote:I'm looking forward to meeting folks. By the by, I had a very vivid dream about this gathering over the weekend, but it was an awfully strange one.
Did it take place in Bedrock, concerning dinosaurs?
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

soldierhugsmember
Adept
Adept

Post by soldierhugsmember » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:00 pm

Did you see anything like this in your dream?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OIVfwW0x6ZQ/S ... raptor.jpg

AnAncientAwakening
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by AnAncientAwakening » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:51 am

No, it didn't take place in Bedrock, nor were there raptors lurking about (thankfully). Actually, the dream took place in Città Sant'Angelo, a tiny mountain town in central Italy; a place that I had visited for a brief time some 18 years ago.

As is always the case with my dreams, details are scant due to the fact that I did not write things down upon waking. What I do recall is that there was a man wearing glasses speaking from a lectern to those of us gathered there to attend the Root Gathering (apparently, it's taking place in Italy, not Salt Lake City. That does put a wrinkle in my flight plans). At one point, he looked at me directly, speaking to me and providing me with Daniel's last name (I remember there being two letters previously missing in the last name, which he filled in for me; as well as the last name possibly being in the form of an anagram).

The scene then transitioned to an image of Bruce walking past a long table; the table being covered with a finely frilled white cloth. Andy Garcia was seated at the table; at least, I believe it to have been Andy Garcia (this guy: http://everitas.univmiami.net/wp-conten ... cia8_0.jpg). I think that Andy may have been there to check people in for the gathering. Bruce, with his hands holding tightly to a stack of papers pressed to his chest, walked hurriedly past Andy, at which point Andy asked, "Bruce, are you all right?" Bruce replied by stating something to the effect of, "These papers are sensitive, and they might be wanting them from me. They might be after me to get them."

And that's all that I recall. A raptor with a chef's hat and apron may then have entered and presented us all with a large Italian meal of spaghetti and meatballs, but I can't be certain :lol:

daniel
Professor
Professor

Post by daniel » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:14 pm

AnAncientAwakening wrote:The scene then transitioned to an image of Bruce walking past a long table; the table being covered with a finely frilled white cloth. Andy Garcia was seated at the table; at least, I believe it to have been Andy Garcia (this guy: http://everitas.univmiami.net/wp-conten ... cia8_0.jpg). I think that Andy may have been there to check people in for the gathering. Bruce, with his hands holding tightly to a stack of papers pressed to his chest, walked hurriedly past Andy, at which point Andy asked, "Bruce, are you all right?" Bruce replied by stating something to the effect of, "These papers are sensitive, and they might be wanting them from me. They might be after me to get them."
Bruce is Aquarian... known for always "bucking the system." If he had a breakthrough, you can bet it would be published all over the world. Though yesterday's post on Antiquatis merging Goethe's color system with RS2 has led to some mind-shattering consequences, which I hope to address in the future. Like a book, "Free Energy for Dummies."
AnAncientAwakening wrote:And that's all that I recall. A raptor with a chef's hat and apron may then have entered and presented us all with a large Italian meal of spaghetti and meatballs, but I can't be certain :lol:
I'd go with the 1/2 tortellini, 1/2 chicken Parmesan, smothered in bubbling, melted cheese. Dang, now I'm hungry.
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

AnAncientAwakening
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by AnAncientAwakening » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:09 pm

Yes, the post on Goethe over at Antiquatis is fascinating. I watched the video, and was deeply intrigued. I've wondered for some time about the relationship between colors, motion/frequencies, emotions, and life as it pertains to the biological organism. I am looking forward to pursuing research into the inner workings of music, beginning with Pythagoras (it's going to take me some time to sit down with the Pythagorean tuning system, starting with the aspect of it whereby the '5th' becomes the new tonic of the next scale.)

And yeaaah, just when you think it can't get weirder, I had another dream last night about the Gathering. I walked into a small room (appeared to be a cafe of some type), and to my left, there was a larger banquet type room where a lot of hustle and bustle was taking place. I sat down at a table in the smaller room, and chatted up a gentleman whom I had never met. We got to talking, and after a while, I finally said, "By the way, my name is Billy", to which he replied, "My name is Gopi."

Then, the sound of live music began billowing from the adjacent banquet room, and a large stage descended from the ceiling. A live band, composed of the members of ISUS, were playing a tune called 'The Cat on the Floor.' Bruce was working the sound board on the opposite side of the room.

The end.

What does it all mean? :roll:

deepfsh
Mage
Mage

Post by deepfsh » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:09 pm

AnAncientAwakening wrote:What does it all mean?
That you'll meet Batman? :o
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

Lozion
Adept
Adept

Post by Lozion » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:26 pm

AnAncientAwakening wrote:Bruce was working the sound board on the opposite side of the room.
Wait, that should be me! :D
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

AnAncientAwakening
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by AnAncientAwakening » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:57 pm

Why do I get the funny feeling that I'm about to meet these folks?
Attachments
league04.jpg
league04.jpg (144.2KiB)Viewed 20552 times

Ilkka
Adept
Adept

Post by Ilkka » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:49 am

AnAncientAwakening wrote:Why do I get the funny feeling that I'm about to meet these folks?
Maybe you see them as heroes of sort. It is all symbolic. Recently there have been discussions about colors and music in AQ forum that might be the band playing some tune that you recognized from your memory.