Why I don't like Michio Kaku

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

infinity
Mage
Mage
Why I don't like Michio Kaku

Post by infinity » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:24 am

Not willing to explore or question - no open-mindedness about other perspectives :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdGOrWmVMv8

daniel
Professor
Professor

Re: Why I don't like Michio Kaku

Post by daniel » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:26 pm

That's one of the big problems of this age--everything has become dogma.

It is kind of funny the way she really got his ego flaring in defense.

Living here in Amerika, she was exactly right with the iPad/apps analogy. We are always given a choice of the "least of two evils"--we never actually PICK our elected officials, based on who would best do the job. (And BTW, a better system than a democracy is a representative republic--what our country originally was.)
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

Ilkka
Adept
Adept

Post by Ilkka » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:19 pm

If you defy/upset Master Kaku, off with your head!

Then he pulls off 9/11 card. I had to look up if he really was a foreigner as his name suggests, but no born in New York. How typical.

AnAncientAwakening
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by AnAncientAwakening » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:12 pm

If I may offer my own thoughts and opinions on Kaku:

I put Kaku in the same category as folks such as Stephen Hawking and Ray Kurzweil: They are talking heads. Their predecessors, I believe, would be folks such as Zbigniew Brzezinski and Henry Kissinger, who did not mince words when choosing to share the blueprints for the future to come. Listening to them speak and reading their books gives you a glimpse into how it is that the folks behind the curtain may be thinking.

In the case of this particular video: The first thing of which I took notice was the source of the newscast: RT tv, purportedly a Russian-government funded news station, bringing you the best in 'The Western World is an oppressive empire' news since 2005. I have long seen RT as the 'Eastern half' of the 'Good East/Bad West' dialectic. Their main goal is that of slanting all of their news towards unveiling the heinous crimes committed over and over again by the governments of the Western world, while lauding the efforts of folks such as Putin and Xi Jinping. I.E. BRICS good, Washington and EU bad. It's not that what they are reporting is wrong necessarily, but it tells the tale from one side of the power shift currently taking place in our world; and a part of that tale only, mind you. Kind of like the 'limited hangout' that Ken at Redefining God Blog has been writing about recently.

A gentleman such as Kaku can run his mouth on and on about 'bad aliens' and the '11 dimensions of the multiverse' (things of which he has spoken in the past). This entire news broadcast seems like nothing more than another staged event. However, what got to me in this particular video is when he 'played dumb' and pulled the 9/11 card. As if Kaku doesn't know what happened on that day. Either he's asleep at the wheel like most of the rest of the general public (doubtful), or he knows exactly what happened, and instead chooses to play the role of the hyperintelligent and all-knowing theoretical physicist, referring to the reporter as a 'conspiracy theorist'. A lot of people died on that day, and how someone such as Kaku can willingly take part in such a heinous cover-up tells me a lot about the character of this man. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he really is that blind. Maybe, as a theoretical physicist, he can explain how two 200,000+ pound commercial airline jets traveling at 500 miles per hour could suddenly be swallowed up in an instant by those buildings. No ricochet, no giant pieces flying this way and that. Just a fiery 'poof', and they were gone. And of course, same thing at the Pentagon and in the field in Pennsylvania: Completely disintegrated due to the heat generated from burning jet fuel. If Kaku truly believes this, then it's frightening to think that he is going about calling himself a 'physicist', theoretical or otherwise. Personally, I think that he's getting paid an awful lot of money to steer people in the wrong directions, whether he is cognizant of it or not.

One other thing of note: His rising anger reminded me of something that Bruce once said about getting to know the true character of a person by observing their behavior whilst in a state of anger. This makes a lot of sense, and Kaku showed his true colors there for a moment.

Lastly: Daniel's point about everything being dogma is spot on. I've been thinking a lot about this since he posted it. I spend a lot of time listening to others talking on and on about this or that, and despite the vast array of different topics that are covered, the common thread that runs through each seems to be the fact that everyone thinks that their point of view is the right one. Religion, politics, science, medicine, astronomy, cosmology...it doesn't matter. "I'm right, you're wrong." Makes for a mighty confusing and divided world. No wonder why TPTB have such an easy time continuing to pull their schemes by fooling the public again and again.
"Our genius ain't appreciated around here...let's scram!"