Blast From the Past

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

deepfsh
Mage
Mage
Blast From the Past

Post by deepfsh » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:51 pm

Ken's latest blog post about a new 9/11 in NYC is pretty telling.

I remember reading about the "hidden messages on the new 100$ bill" (supposed future nuclear devastation in the US) from 2013. It is interesting to ask why would somebody try to make such a claim and why did the alternative media report about it - the video doesn't make sense to me. But, if you put it in proper context, it may have sense - although the Economist cover might reference a physical attack on NYC, I think the point is about a financial/psychological attack on the world financial system (= world trade [center]*).

It also comes to my mind a sequence from the movie Dark Knight Rises (2012) about a terrorist attack on the stock exchange featuring the building of the NYSE. A year later, there was a mega cyber-attack drill conducted by about 50 (largest) financial institutions in the US.
To take part in the drills, each of the participating institutions will be running software developed by Cyber Strategies, a Northfield, Vt., firm that specializes in making cyber exercise software for financial institutions.
The financial sector is hoping to prepare itself for a massive, disruptive attack -- a growing concern lately, as "hacktivists," [Anonymous?] organized cybercriminals and government-sponsored attacks [China?] become increasingly large and successful.
Two years later, this is what the media reported in July 2015: Has Anonymous hacked the New York Stock Exchange?; NYSE shutdown caused by engineers loading wrong software to system (you're kidding me); Secret NSA Map Shows China Cyber Attacks on U.S. Targets.

*As I see it, before, there were the Twin Towers (symbolically representing the "West vs East" duality of the world financial order (world trade [center]), but now there is just the One World Trade Center (= a more uniform world financial order?).
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

Lozion
Adept
Adept

Re: Blast From the Past

Post by Lozion » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:57 pm

Yeah I must say I love Ken's analysis of the fake east/west dialectic but his prophecy/prediction track record is nil. So, ymmv..
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

deepfsh
Mage
Mage

Spooky spooks

Post by deepfsh » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:17 am

I told my mother a few days ago that there is a high probability there would be a mass shooting in the US on Halloween. I just checked the news and I was wrong by 1. [1] [2] [3] [4]
A woman told KOAA that she saw a man approach a boy on a bicycle in front of that house and shoot him.

"He turned around and shot the boy, and the boy screamed, 'Why did you shoot me?' Then he shot him three more times [why not 2? it would be 3 in total; ah, it's not important, as long as there is a "3" in there] and as he hit the ground he screamed 'Oh god, no,'" shooting witness Betty Barker told the station. She said the victim then died. Source
If I was a boy on a bicycle in front of my house, I would have probably called out on my mom, not God, if I had any strength at all. Since the police shot the suspect dead, we will never know "why, oh, why did he shot him" ...
The area is home to the US Air Force Academy. Source
Why would they need to mention this?
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

Ilkka
Adept
Adept

Re: Spooky spooks

Post by Ilkka » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:29 am

deepfsh wrote:
The area is home to the US Air Force Academy. Source
Why would they need to mention this?
Maybe thats because they want public to know it was a "terrorist attack" against the U.S. because of the Eagle in the air force that is a symbol for USA.
deepfsh wrote:
The financial sector is hoping to prepare itself for a massive, disruptive attack -- a growing concern lately, as "hacktivists," [Anonymous?] organized cybercriminals and government-sponsored attacks [China?] become increasingly large and successful.
Funny that there is China mentioned, since in the latest "The Player" episode this Thursday there was thoughts about Chinese hackers that would disrupt the U.S. economy.