Musicians with a positive message.

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

maeghan
Mage
Mage
Musicians with a positive message.

Post by maeghan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:56 am

I started to write this in my post on the 'Daniel MIA' thread and the thought occured to me, why not create a thread asking members to share their thoughts on musicians who they think are alluding to the truth in their music.

So here's the question: do you know of any or think any artists in particular are trying to relay the truth to their fans? Maybe even musicians who plant the seed of becoming one's own un-committed investigator?

I believe there is an artist in particular who's been doing precisely this since his 1989 debute album 'Pretty Hate Machine'; Nine Inch Nails helped me remain true to myself and that's one of the first things you learn when you actively pursue 'knowing thyself'.

Many people will not give the band a chance because they think it's negative music. I've always considered the music of Nine In Nails to be positive. The lyrics are filled with metaphors and there's always seemed to be a 'coded' message in his music. in 2007 he launched an elaborate ARG (alternate reality game) which coincided with a surpise to the fans, a new record with a release date in the very near future. ARG started in feb and the album was released in april i think.

Taken from the wiki page on NIN, here's the gist of the story of the ARG:
The story takes place in the United States in 2022, which has been termed "Year 0", by the government, being the year America was reborn.[121] It had suffered several major terrorist attacks, apparently by Islamic fundamentalists, including attacks on Los Angeles and Seattle, and in response, the government seized absolute control on the country. The Government of the United States is now a Christian fundamentalist theocracy, maintaining control of the populace through institutions like the Bureau of Morality and the First Evangelical Church of Plano.[122] The government corporation Cedocore distributes the drug Parepin through water supply, making Americans who drink water apathetic and carefree.[123] There are several underground rebel groups, mainly operating online, most notably Art is Resistance and Solutions Backwards Initiative.[119] In response to the increasing oppression of the government, several corporate, government, and subversive websites were transported back in time to the present by a group of scientists working clandestinely against the authoritarian government. The websites-from-the-future were sent to the year 2007 to warn American people of the impending dystopian future and to prevent it from ever forming in the first place.[124]
I feel like I have to add this observation I've noticed lately; Trent Reznor/NIN, has been doing a whole bunch of firsts lately.

He's been making appearances on TV ... the first one was last fall. For a band that has sold over 20 million records, last year he made his National Network debut by playing on Jimmy Kimmel. Then he surprised all of his fans by playing the Grammy's. In the past he called the Grammy's out for being irrelevant, and shortly after the grammy' performance, which marked the end of the show, he quickly posted to twitter ... tweet tweet said the bird

Just last night, PBS aired an hour show of NIN ... Austin City Limits ... so it seems to me that he wants his music to be heard by many.

Here's a video of one of the two songs he performed for jimmy kimmel that were posted on the Kimmel site.

I don't share this with many, but I think he's awesome in so many ways and it's so appropriate ... being American and the hypocrisy of religion ... nine inch nails ... christ crucifixion ... Trent's a man of principle, just go read the entire Wikipedia page and you'll understand why .. that is if you are curious.

Oh there many other little cool things that he does like how he catalogs all of his releases with Halo's

So here's everyone else's turn ...

Do you now of a band/musician that is inspired by truth? That has a positive role in helping you along the path to evolving into homo-sapian ethicus?

I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say about what I've written here and what you post. ;)
"silence is the consent to slavery" ~ Daniel

infinity
Mage
Mage

Re: Musicians with a positive message.

Post by infinity » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:16 am

My favorite - Perfect Circle :)

Love the remake they did of John Lennon's "Imagine". (They made theirs the same title).
One of my favorite songs of theirs are "Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the wardrums".

Anybody who knows anything about activist music, would know System of a Down. Just... wow. Great artist, great message.

I love Project 86 as well. Not so activist, but their music is about challenging a person's thinking. "Chimes" is a great example, but "Spy Hunter" is even better:

One last disguise -
Pawns standing in awe of the game
Of the stage
You've worked so hard at building an empire
Of secret rooms to display yourself
And add to your wealth
The sting of.
Oh, it stings
When I saw it all come crashing
I witnessed the sound of a million voices
Screaming for a public hanging

So hide yourself, hide, hide yourself for now. [2x]

We caught you plotting murder
And now the Tide is Turning
We'll light our souls, heal our bones
Upon your empire burning [2x]

JohnConner
Seeker
Seeker
Location:either 2029 A.D. or 2018 A.D., can't remember anymore

Post by JohnConner » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:00 am

There is a plethora of underground hip-hop artists that are proffering exposure to the Illuminist agenda. One of the best places to start would be http://www.revolt-motion.com/free-album-downloads.html

A lot of the albums are available free, asking that you donate to charities when DLing.
Kalki and Atma are both excellent lyricists, here's one from Kalki & Stranded:

http://youtu.be/um_gTbJKoc8

And something for the conspiratorial mind from Atma:

http://youtu.be/CD-ImBZN5SI

I think my favorite 'conscious'/conspiracy hip-hop artist is easily Gemineye from Conspirituality, here's a good interview with him on Black Helicopter Radio. There are five tracks interspersed throughout the interview, but I will include a few links to some other songs.

http://youtu.be/Xu74d9hfxXw?t=57m9s

Masonic Exposure:
http://youtu.be/pV2NBoqCXL8

Bohemian Rap City, featuring one of my favorite songs from the Simpsons:
http://youtu.be/_zzxcsvAzK4

JohnConner
Seeker
Seeker
Location:either 2029 A.D. or 2018 A.D., can't remember anymore

Post by JohnConner » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:03 am

almost forgot, here's a good track from RA the Rugged Man about the manipulation of pop stars. Much of his material is offensive and gritty, some of it inspiring and heart felt, but this track is right on point:

http://youtu.be/_KlK3mnOqZY

deepfsh
Mage
Mage

Post by deepfsh » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:44 pm

I'm not into music but this article (and song, music group) comes to my mind: Is Die Antwoord’s “Fatty Boom Boom” Going Against the “Evil” Music Industry?
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

maeghan
Mage
Mage

Post by maeghan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:57 am

infinity wrote:My favorite - Perfect Circle :)
Yeah, the first concert I ever went to, A Perfect Circle opened up for NIN. May of 2000 ... the tour was called Fragility 2.0
infinity wrote:Anybody who knows anything about activist music, would know System of a Down. Just... wow. Great artist, great message.
System of a Down isn't my cup of tea, just like Rage Against the Machine. I like NIN because of the sounds, the synths, and Trent Reznor is a pianist ... he's got that touch.
infinity wrote:I love Project 86 as well. Not so activist, but their music is about challenging a person's thinking.
I'll have to check these guys out because to me, it's better to not be blunt but to inspire; there is a reason why Jesus spoke in parables.

maeghan
Mage
Mage

Post by maeghan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:14 am

JohnConner wrote:There is a plethora of underground hip-hop artists that are proffering exposure to the Illuminist agenda. One of the best places to start would be http://www.revolt-motion.com/free-album-downloads.html
That's awesome. I'm sure you've heard of Saul Williams then ... he's a poet/spoken word artist and a musician.

Here's lyrics to one of my fav songs of his titled DNA:

Feel the music
Son, we got you programmed like a beat
When I press snare, yo, guard your grill
Press kick, you move your feet
You can't compete

I got my hydrants parked on every street
I'm federal nigga, son of sun, come close and feel the heat
I am the streets
The white lines only separate me from me
You hydroplane in false god's name and still crash into me
Sign and tree; mountainside; guard rail; into the sea
They thought they stole you from my arms then carried you to me
Here's the key: DNA encoded in a beat
White rocks in a vial, nigga, ain't got nothin' on me
Bitch I'm free, ask these editors at MTV
Far as they know, they're publishing some new school poetry
Let it be
Cause even that will do to turn the key
Doorways into other worlds, the truth shall set you free
You are me, I am you, but also I'm he
Shepherd of a bastard flock that grazes in the streets

Feel the beat, nod your head, lean back, yo, touch your feet
Let me see you pop that thing right there girl in your seat
Feel the heat, count this page amongst your whitest sheets
Comfort in my every word, slide under, countless sheep

Keep your head up, we represent the real, my nigga, dead up
Book of the Dead, history bled, this nigga fed up
Led us to despair, some into prayer, and they won't let up
Until they got us worshiping them false gods instead of, the realness
God of the streets my niggas feel this
We nod our heads and worship through beats
Go ahead and kneel
It's the love that makes the cipher complete
And it'd displayed through the way the bass line marries the beat

Hail Mary, Mother of God
Got the whole host of angels shuffling in my iPod
Niggas learned to raise their voices when I lowered my rod
Staff of Moses, pharaoh knows it, son, my word is my bond
Tune my heart with mind, speak my nature: Divine
Callin' shit into existence back in sev-sev-sev-sev-sev
With the future in my pocket tightly gripped like a nine
Keep my finger on the trigger waiting for the right time
Ancient niggas align, path of cosmic design
Blood of kings cause Saturn's rings, don't need no diamonds to shine
Yes, the reason for the season, ornamented divine
Coded language of the mystics with my fist in the sky

Keep your head up..

I would love love to hear anyone and everyone's opinion on those lyrics. DNA encoded in a beat ... hmmmmm
Trent Reznor of NIN produced the album this song is on. It's called The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of NiggyTardust!

Here's a link to a cool street performance of DNA

maeghan
Mage
Mage

Post by maeghan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:49 am

deepfsh wrote:I'm not into music but this article (and song, music group) comes to my mind: Is Die Antwoord’s “Fatty Boom Boom” Going Against the “Evil” Music Industry?
I know that website and I find many of the articles very interesting. The commenters on the site frustrate me, they think the Illuminate is evil or Satan and that Jesus is the only savior of the world ... so repent!!! (I was raised in a very Christian household so it frustrates more than I should allow it to.)

Reason for edit, I added:
I've never gotten into Die Antwoord, my room mate likes them.

T11
Seeker
Seeker

Post by T11 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:57 pm

Are any of you familiar with the site montalk.net? It deals with fringe science, gnosticism, aliens, the matrix, etc. Tom, the guy who runs it is also a musician. He has a solo project called Neptunian Horizon and he put out an amazing album called Descent that you can download for free at neptunianhorizon.com. Words cannot describe what an awesome creative achievement this is. It's provided so much inspiration and hope for me through very difficult times. It's a Gnostic/Galactic metal concept album with an extremely uplifting and hopeful message. Be aware that listening to the lyrics and melodies may create synchronicities and cause spontaneous awakening! You can hear samples on his YouTube channel in addition to some great interviews about his research at montalk.net. If you like the free album, think about making a donation to help him finish his next masterpiece and support his cause.

Lozion
Adept
Adept

Post by Lozion » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Wow, just saw this thread.

I & I, being a big reggae fan, would say Bob Marley had some of the most empowering and consciousness expanding lyrics.

Fellow canadian artist Dubmatix also speaks out against the Illuminati on his last album Rebel Massive:

"Liberation": https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/221 ... nja%29.mp3

"Babylon cant put us down, they control our sun": https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/221 ... gah%29.mp3

"Its a clash" with Horace Handy: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/221 ... ndy%29.mp3

Guidance & Love,
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.