Guerilla spirituality / practice; 4x, Bodhisattva vow #3

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator:daniel

VaniSmith
Muggle
Muggle
Guerilla spirituality / practice; 4x, Bodhisattva vow #3

Post by VaniSmith » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:46 am

I think that there must be more of this kind of thing. But: contemplation of Bodhisattva vow #3 inevitably must lead 2 true insight re the misleading or false nature of so many points of theology / practice in different religious / cultures. Vow #3, variously:

The Truth cannot be told. I vow 2 tell it.
Dharma gates beyond measure; I vow 2 penetrate them.
Dharma gates r boundless; I vow 2 enter them.
However immeasurable the dharmas r, I vow 2 master them.
I vow 2 learn innumerable doctrines.
Innumerable spiritual methods, I vow 2 study *& 2 comprehend.*

Vow #3 is a vow 2 study as many different spiritual traditions & teachings as 1 can find over lifetimes during spiritual process. Like a multilife Comparative Religion course.

In so doing, 1 notices that there r common underlying core values in most/all teachings; I'll use Yeshua's expression:
Love God. Love ur neighbor. AS u love urself.
(Notice that *there is no hierarchy* in Yeshua's core teaching. All r 1. Revolutionary 2 priestly hierarchy.)

& 1 notices: In any teaching. Theology insisting or carrying a subtext that awareness / consciousness arises from the body, "body rules," is diametrically misleading about the true nature of r being. & when followed, distorts r efforts toward true perception.

We r energy beings having a human experience, 2 paraphase entity Michael. Consciousness grows the body. The body does not grow consciousness; the body focuses consciousness that already is here.

Science -- as the new religion in the West -- also makes this mistake. & allopathic medicine, based on (distortions of) science. Altho some scientists do seem 2 work 2 outgrow it.

"Godly" body-based rules 4 spiritual process r control rules 4 political / slavery purposes. These human bodies r like fruit on a tree & we r the tree; they r like winter coats & we r the person wearing the coat.

U don't discipline ur winter coat & expect spiritual perception from that. Look in the right direction!

Also 1 notices that many "rules" or points of theology directly contradict the core values of the teaching / tradition. I'll pick on the ancient Hebrews: Those laws about stoning folks in ur area who think differently than told by priests. 2 b fair, those laws were not enacted much. How is stoning ur neighbor about ur worship of God, Who created all beings? God as God the Creator, not as a petty war godlet.

So a contemplation of comparative religious values also brings 1 2 a contemplation of the true nature of God, Buddha Mind, whatever u call That. & with intention 4 truth, truth inevitably arises.

&. Just meditation. While holding intention 4 truth. Why so much of our environment is saturated w/ noise & inaudible frequencies; distractions both physical & psychic; & why we r wooed w/ tv & film (hypnotic, & not in a good way).

daniel's Blue Beam. p5, "Soul slavery: trapped within an artificial “system of faith”, known as religion, to externalize and restrict the growth of consciousness in an attempt to prevent the human soul from developing into an independent spirit."