Space Travel: Science is Fiction?

Let's find out about who and what's out there, and how they do what they do.

Moderator:daniel

earthling
Inquirer
Inquirer
Re: Space Travel: Science is Fiction?

Post by earthling » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:45 am

I read this thread and come to thoughts that this was also talked about in the antiquatis forum, maybe this could help explain how we can cut off the chain....http://forum.antiquatis.org/viewtopic.p ... 1511#p9906

daniel
Professor
Professor

Re: Space Travel: Science is Fiction?

Post by daniel » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:14 pm

pgolde wrote:I am not disagreeing with this, but just wondering why they would fake unmanned probes? Maybe they don't want telemetry intercepted about what it really out there? Or are they not allowed to send anything beyond orbit?
Well, consider that anything launched FROM Earth would have to go through the various atmospheric layers, such as the thermosphere:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermosphere wrote:Thermospheric temperatures increase with altitude due to absorption of highly energetic solar radiation. Temperatures are highly dependent on solar activity, and can rise to 2,000 °C (3,630 °F).
Given that space is a vacuum, there is no way to dissipate temperature into the environment, so how long do you think electronics would last, crossing that heat zone? Not to mention that most metals melt below that point. As a test, you could put your cell phone in the oven at 500F and see what happens!

You would need an entirely different technology than the rocket stuff they show to get even a probe "out there," one that would create its own, local environment (much like the asteroids and moons used as natural ships/Arks). They may have it, but I'd bet it is far less costly to hire Lucasfilm to make some animations of a planet, than to run the risk of exposing that kind of technology to the public.
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii