ISON

Let's find out about who and what's out there, and how they do what they do.

Moderator:daniel

Lozion
Adept
Adept
Re: ISON

Post by Lozion » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:12 pm

daniel wrote:The problem with spending the time to "teach a pig to sing" (or as Pythagoras said, "do not place your candle against the wall"), is that it eats up a significant amount of time that could otherwise be spent doing productive research. And for me, it's about the research--improving my understanding of the Universe in which I exist. You'll never find me thumping "Nothing But Motion," and singing, "Praise the Larson, Brother!!!"
Fair enough, I'd rather read about dino-riders then singing pigs :D
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

deepfsh
Mage
Mage

Post by deepfsh » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:19 pm

daniel wrote:is that it eats up a significant amount of time that could otherwise be spent doing productive research. And for me, it's about the research--improving my understanding of the Universe in which I exist. You'll never find me thumping "Nothing But Motion," and singing, "Praise the Larson, Brother!!!"
Nice said.
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

PHIon
Mage
Mage

Post by PHIon » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:14 pm

deepfsh wrote:
daniel wrote:is that it eats up a significant amount of time that could otherwise be spent doing productive research. And for me, it's about the research--improving my understanding of the Universe in which I exist. You'll never find me thumping "Nothing But Motion," and singing, "Praise the Larson, Brother!!!"
Nice said.
bruce has mentioned that he keeps adding to his understanding of the RS and RS2, which is a relief actually, it's like the subject is alive and expanding just as the Universe is. The book,figuratively speaking (not referring to a future textbook on the subject), has not been written yet because there is always more to learn, thankfully. Dogma not need enter here.
"just down the road a little way, turn left, cross the drawbridge, and you will be my guest tonight."
-- directions to the grail castle