LMs

Let's find out about who and what's out there, and how they do what they do.

Moderator:daniel

Djchrismac
Adept
Adept
Re: LMs

Post by Djchrismac » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:57 pm

I had a feeling it would only be a matter of time until a trail cam left in the woods would catch an LM...

http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2014 ... onsters%29

Original article - more photo's - http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=2 ... nvironment

As usual, Matt and Trey were right on the money... :D

Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

deepfsh
Mage
Mage

Post by deepfsh » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:39 pm

Beautiful, I hope it's not a fake. BTW, I received Briggs' encyclopedia of fairies (1976) two days ago. I thought I would have got it with a different, more appealing cover design, although. There are some pictures and drawings, but I expected a drawing next to the description of (almost) every being.
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

Lozion
Adept
Adept

Post by Lozion » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:32 pm

Djchrismac wrote:I had a feeling it would only be a matter of time until a trail cam left in the woods would catch an LM...

http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2014 ... onsters%29

As usual, Matt and Trey were right on the money... :D

Impressive! Curious about daniel's take on this.
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

daniel
Professor
Professor

Post by daniel » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Yeah, it looks like a real one--as I've mentioned, the LMs aren't the best "lookers" on the planet. They tend to be ugly by human standards. If someone were to fake it, they would probably go for the more classic "little man" look.
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

Djchrismac
Adept
Adept

Post by Djchrismac » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:21 pm

daniel wrote:Yeah, it looks like a real one--as I've mentioned, the LMs aren't the best "lookers" on the planet. They tend to be ugly by human standards. If someone were to fake it, they would probably go for the more classic "little man" look.
Cool, i'm tempted to buy a trail cam and leave it at the side of the Gilbert Scott Building next to where I work!

Here is the original article with many more details and more from the sequence of photo's (also added above to the original post):

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=2 ... nvironment

Some of the linked articles on Gnomes are very interesting too:
http://www.lifepaths360.com/index.php/w ... omes-5243/

Are they real?

Are any mythical creatures real? We don't know for sure. But what we do know is that in the 1200s a statue was discovered in the hands of a fisherman and his family. The statue was that of a gnome on a pedestal. On the pedestal were the words, “Nisse, Riktig Storrelse,” which, in English, means: “Gnome, actual height.” There are some interesting things about this statue. When it was tested, it was dated almost 2000 years old and of a wood that is no longer known to humanity. The wood itself is almost as hard as a stone.
http://www.oocities.org/pehaney/gnome.html

http://paranormal.about.com/od/fairiesl ... antoms.htm

Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

deepfsh
Mage
Mage

Post by deepfsh » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:09 pm

Thanks for sharing this, the photos are amazing! His hat with the white ball resembles the one of the gnome I have in my car. It's interesting to note that the design of his cap changes (in time) later on.

Do you think this peculiar red hat has anything to do with the so called Phrygian cap (of liberty)?
BTW, there's an entry on a George Macdonald in Brigg's encyclopedia, from Aberdeenshire. He's famous for his fairy books and allegories - The Princess and the Goblin, Phantastes, The Lost Princess, etc. Maybe he's one of your distant relatives, who knows.
daniel wrote:the LMs aren't the best "lookers" on the planet. They tend to be ugly by human standards
This little guy, a gnome, obviously is not, but it seems the bogies, brownies and goblins are not really that handsome. BTW, are you willing to write what other higher forms of life you encountered in your life? Besides the nokk (how does Briggs name them, there is no such entry in her book), the giant/Neanderthal (who smells like compost), and the "velociraptor" at Montauk.
Djchrismac wrote:Some of the linked articles on Gnomes are very interesting too
Yeah, I like the one from Costa Rica - maybe because it was not creepy. :lol:
Catharine Briggs wrote:Gnomes. These cannot properly be classed as FAIRIES, GOBLINS, BOGIES, or even as IMPS. They belong rather to dead science than to folk tradition. They are members of a very small class consisting of four: the four elementals, Gnomes, Sylphs, Salamanders and Nereids, who belong to the four elements, Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Man and all mortal creatures were made up of these four elements, variously compounded, but the elementals were pure, each native to and compounded of its own element. This was the hermetic and neo-Platonic doctrine, and all medieval science and medicine was founded on it. As the Renaissance matured and empirical science gained ground, the belief in the Four Elements gradually faded. The first description of gnomes as the elementals of Earth is to be found in Paracelsus (1493-1531) in his De Nymphis ... (1658). It is doubtful if he invented the word; the Oxford English Dictionary suggests that it is an elision of genomus, earth-dweller. At any rate, the gnomes were supposed to live underground, moving through earth as freely as if it were air, and their function was supposed to be to guard the treasures of the earth. In popular tradition, they were called DWARFS or Goblins. Other mine spirits were the KNOCKERS of Cornwall, but there was no suggestion that they were elementals.
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

Lozion
Adept
Adept

Post by Lozion » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:48 pm

daniel wrote:Yeah, it looks like a real one--as I've mentioned, the LMs aren't the best "lookers" on the planet. They tend to be ugly by human standards. If someone were to fake it, they would probably go for the more classic "little man" look.
Intriguing, I wonder if the whirlwind that passed by me earlier this summer was indeed a LM like this one.
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

daniel
Professor
Professor

Post by daniel » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:24 am

deepfsh wrote:This little guy, a gnome, obviously is not, but it seems the bogies, brownies and goblins are not really that handsome. BTW, are you willing to write what other higher forms of life you encountered in your life? Besides the nokk (how does Briggs name them, there is no such entry in her book), the giant/Neanderthal (who smells like compost), and the "velociraptor" at Montauk.
The Nokk are water sprites/water babies. See the Wiki entry on Neck (water sprite) for all the various names. (I don't have Briggs' book handy to see what she called them.)

It's the elves that are the "lookers" and the larger species easily pass for handsome humans. But you'll never see them with technology, as our tech disrupts their vibratory/musical skill. The Nokk, BTW, are superb musicians and have assisted some of the great composers of history to refine their ability. But again, it is non-techno; you'd actually have to play a non-electric instrument that was properly constructed using the ancient techniques. (I believe the Nokk agreed to provide a music instructor to the Antiquatis Sanctuary project, should enough people be interested in making that a reality.)

There is a LOT of intelligent life on this world, once you get past considering "humanity" as intelligent... :D
Lozion wrote:Intriguing, I wonder if the whirlwind that passed by me earlier this summer was indeed a LM like this one.
Quite possibly. If you think about it in terms of the Reciprocal System, it makes sense. Atoms are, as Bruce describes on RS2, "structures of time at locations in space." Structure is rotational, locations are translational. So you've always got that rotational-translational (yin-yang) attribute to motion. Anything moving in time (temporal translation) would not be observable, except for the whirlwind "wake" it would leave in space.

Ilkka
Adept
Adept

Post by Ilkka » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:36 am

daniel wrote:Anything moving in time (temporal translation) would not be observable, except for the whirlwind "wake" it would leave in space.
Does this mean that something or someone could move right through physical person? Harmful or not harmful the event, maybe?

daniel
Professor
Professor

Post by daniel » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:01 pm

Ilkka wrote:
daniel wrote:Anything moving in time (temporal translation) would not be observable, except for the whirlwind "wake" it would leave in space.
Does this mean that something or someone could move right through physical person? Harmful or not harmful the event, maybe?
Yes, but there would be some resistance, as biological life contains both material and cosmic components. Your typical "group mind" person's soul would look like a cloud from the other side, and easy to move through. A person that has individuated would have more of a "solid" soul and be impenetrable. Inanimate objects have their cosmic side nonlocal (spread around), so they are like moving through a gas--as we do every day, through our atmosphere. There is a wide range of possibilities.