Time and Timelines

Time, timelines, the 3D temporal landscape... research into the physics involved, how to understand it and make use of it to improve the quality of our lives, and all the life on Earth.

Moderator:daniel

Kent
Seeker
Seeker
Re: Time and Timelines

Post by Kent » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:02 pm

I've got another one:

The HBO television series which featured Sarah Jessica Parker who played a columnist by the name of Carrie Bradshaw living in NYC with three other friends. The series centered around these 4 single women and their love lives. In addition to the 6 seasons of the show, there were two movies by the same name.

I've always known this show as "Sex in the City", but all traces of it are listed as "Sex AND the City" (emphasis mine).

Any thoughts? Is this evidence that we are on a different timeline than we originally were? Or some other change to collective memory? Does anyone else remember the original title?

In addition to this, I've asked a couple of people the title of the show while being careful not to mention any of the words contained in the title (using only character and actor names as I did above). Their first reaction is always "Sex in the City", but they quickly rescind their answer after looking it up. I'm not sure what's more disturbing - the incongruity between mine (and seemingly everyone else's) memory and current evidence or how quickly people are to alter their memories in the face of confronting evidence of phenomena outside their comfort zone.

deepfsh
Mage
Mage

Post by deepfsh » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:17 pm

Kent wrote:I've always known this show as "Sex in the City", but all traces of it are listed as "Sex AND the City" (emphasis mine).
Any thoughts? Is this evidence that we are on a different timeline than we originally were? Or some other change to collective memory? Does anyone else remember the original title?
I'm not in the mood to check this out, but it reminds me on a thing that Winston Smith used to do at the Ministry of Truth (maybe at the Records Department): going back to old issues of The Times and changing its contents to suit them better to the Party's current interests, thus "keeping history in the past", to quote Daniel.

No magical timelines, sorcery, interplanetary climate change, just ordinary work behind the desk. Maybe this is the reason why we now see "chemtrails" in some old movies (as a part of social programming) - I remember somebody mentioned it here or on AQ, and I think Ken wrote a blog post about it long ago (maybe there is something to the story, maybe it's just misdirection by some bored people on the Internet).
"You talk the talk ... do you walk the walk?" Kubrick, Full Metal Jacket

Kent
Seeker
Seeker

Post by Kent » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:05 am

Upon further reflection I realize that I may have been jumping the gun to assume inter-dimensional hi-jinx.

My point remains that my memory of the original title as well as the memories of a half dozen (admittedly a small sample size) other people I've asked is different from what currently exists.

Makes me wonder if perhaps these are small, directed changes to popular culture in order to test if collective memory can be persuaded after the fact. Although, maybe that's just paranoia on my part.

tymeflyz
Seeker
Seeker

Post by tymeflyz » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:28 am

what do we see?
Accnrdiog to a rrseaech at Cambrigde Univertisy, it dosen't matter in waht oedrr the ltteers in a wrod are. The olny imtorpant tihng is taht the fisrt and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit plcae.

The rset can be a tatol mses and you can slitl raed it wiohtut porblem. Tihs is beuacse the hamun mnid deos not raed erevy letetr by itlesf, but the wrod as a wohle.

For those that might pay attention i believe at face value the entire exercise is an exercise ,kinda like comparing Mcdonalds to food.
It appears 'Schrodinger Cat phenomenon' http://www.physlink.com/Education/AskExperts/ae179.cfm-
may also have a affect or effect..hmmm see below.

otoh.... Kent's observation or theory is interesting and is plausible :
"Makes me wonder if perhaps these are small, directed changes to popular culture in order to test if collective memory can be persuaded after the fact"

affect 1 |əˈfekt|
verb [ trans. ]
have an effect on; make a difference to : the dampness began to affect my health | [with clause ] your attitude will affect how successful you are.
but
USAGE Affect and effect are both verbs and nouns, but only effect is common as a noun, usually meaning 'a result, consequence, impression, etc.':: my father’s warnings had no effect on my adventurousness. The noun affect is restricted almost entirely to psychology (see affect 2 ). As verbs, they are used differently. Affect most commonly means 'produce an effect on, influence': | smoking during pregnancy can affect the baby's development. Affect also means 'pretend to have or feel (something)' (see affect 3 ): | she affected a concern for those who had lost their jobs. Effect means 'bring about': | the negotiators effected an agreement despite many difficulties.

Seems the deeper you dig the more subtle the shadows. ( i gotta use this line in a song!)

ElizabethMireles
Muggle
Muggle

Post by ElizabethMireles » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:35 am

Thanks for the submitted content! It seems that the deeper you dig the more subtle the shadows are!