Excellent book on the concept of time

Time, timelines, the 3D temporal landscape... research into the physics involved, how to understand it and make use of it to improve the quality of our lives, and all the life on Earth.

Moderator:daniel

Djchrismac
Adept
Adept

Re: Excellent book on the concept of time

Post by Djchrismac » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:24 am

Cheers, just had a quick glance at the intro and it certainly starts well, mentions motion and how little we know!!
The whole world of six dimensions is filled with His bounty: wheresoever thou lookest, it is making Him known.

JALLALEDIN RUMI: THE MATHNAWI, BOOK III (VERSE 3108)

Look how the floor of heaven Is thick inlaid
with patines of bright gold:
There's not the smallest orb which thou behold'st But in
his motion like an angel sings, Still quiring to the youngeyes
Cherubins;
Such harmony is in immortal souls.

SHAKESPEARE: THE MERCHANT OF VENICE (ACT. V, SCENE l)

All the progress obtained by our cerebral effort consists in the ascertaining of material facts by ridiculously imperfect instruments, which make up in a certain degree however for the inefficiency of our organs. Every twenty years some unhappy enquirer, who generally dies in the attempt, discovers that the atmosphere contains a gas hitherto unknown, that an imponderable, inexplicable, unqualifiable force can be obtained by rubbing a piece of wax on cloth; that among the innumerable unknown stars, there is one that has not yet been noticed in the immediate vicinity of another which has ... Well, what about it?

Our diseases are due to microbes? Very well. But where do those microbes come from? And what about their diseases? And the suns, whence do they come?
We know nothing, we understand nothing, we can do nothing, we guess nothing. We are shut up, imprisoned in ourselves ...

GUY DE MAUPASSANT: NOTEBOOK, APRIL 7, l888
I will add this to my substantial "to read" list... it seems already that it could get me thinking of different angles on things, which I always like. :)
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

lizard69

Re: Excellent book on the concept of time

Post by lizard69 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:25 am

Glad that it stimulated something in you ;-)