Time, perception and awareness

Time, timelines, the 3D temporal landscape... research into the physics involved, how to understand it and make use of it to improve the quality of our lives, and all the life on Earth.

Moderator:daniel

AzertyLSD
Inquirer
Inquirer
Time, perception and awareness

Post by AzertyLSD » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:55 pm

I don't really know if this is justified (I suppose... Time will tell :P ), but I couldn't find another topic in which to post this:
Since a couple months now, I feel like my perception of the passing of Time has changed.
What makes me think this is relevant is because I mentioned that "en passant" to my neighbor (she's a bit younger than me, for the record) and she immediately replied "me too !" :o (it was on the 24th of December)

Basically, I'd say that 15 minutes seem to be 25-30. But I must insist that I'm never bored !! :ugeek:
So it feels more like I'm aware of more, I perceive more and hence... feels as if there is more time flowing through me ?! :shock: :?:

I've heard Bashar talk about Time as being a function of Consciousness (the idea being that at some point/ for some entities beyond a certain level, Time ceases to exist altogether !)... Any thoughts ?
BTW: the link above also provides a very interesting analogy to the difference between physical reality and dreams, one being more comparable to linear editing of frames*, the other being closer to non-linear editing. Hence the somewhat chaotic/destructured feeling of many Dreams.
(* Frames is used as an analogy to a motion picture to convey the idea that it is because we shift billions of time per second from parallel realities to parallel realities that we have the illusion of continuity :? )
Tout ce qu' il faut savoir est ici ! | 3 best documentaries: Zeitgeist: Moving Forward, Kymatica & Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds | Dream-mapping Kicks Ass !

Ilkka
Adept
Adept

Re: Time, perception and awareness

Post by Ilkka » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:25 am

I've been noticing same thing when meditating and otherwise doing things and whatnot. I've also played with it when on psychedelics you think 5 minutes has passed, but really few hours has passed and vice versa.

daniel
Professor
Professor

Post by daniel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Remember that "clock time" and "coordinate time" are different concepts. The inanimate realm does not have the concept of clock time--how old is a hydrogen atom? Probably been around since the Universe started!

Life spans both the 3D space and 3D time realms, so in order to create the illusion of reality, consciousness has to engage in a process analogous to the mathematics problem of "finding a common denominator," where the concepts of distance and duration are used to adjust our perception of these 3D realms to BE a common denominator, and that common denominator is what we call the clock.

Clock time gives us the illusion of spatial distances, in 3D space. We are all very familiar with distances, and no spiritual experience is needed to use a yardstick.

Clock space gives us the illusion of temporal duration, in 3D time. This is where we get our sense of "time" from. When a person is born, they use this clock "common denominator" to establish a reference for their perceived sense of time. As their conscious grows and begins to expand into 3D time, the common denominator has to be adjusted to a new value, so the perception of the flow of time changes accordingly. After you become accustomed to the new value for the clock common denominator, time will appear to flow normally again.

It is a process called "normalizing" in the RS2 research.
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

AzertyLSD
Inquirer
Inquirer

Post by AzertyLSD » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:24 am

daniel wrote:[...] This is where we get our sense of "time" from. When a person is born, they use this clock "common denominator" to establish a reference for their perceived sense of time. As their conscious grows and begins to expand into 3D time, the common denominator has to be adjusted to a new value, so the perception of the flow of time changes accordingly. After you become accustomed to the new value for the clock common denominator, time will appear to flow normally again. It is a process called "normalizing" in the RS2 research.
Thanks for the clarification. So it is somewhat indicative of 'a change'. Does it mean that everyone goes through that then ?
Or should we assume that every person has a unique relationship with that concept (time, "sense of duration") ?
I'm asking because it's an interesting parameter and surely if/when one experiences that, they will notice something :-)
Tout ce qu' il faut savoir est ici ! | 3 best documentaries: Zeitgeist: Moving Forward, Kymatica & Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds | Dream-mapping Kicks Ass !

daniel
Professor
Professor

Post by daniel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:33 pm

AzertyLSD wrote:Thanks for the clarification. So it is somewhat indicative of 'a change'. Does it mean that everyone goes through that then ?
Yes.
AzertyLSD wrote:Or should we assume that every person has a unique relationship with that concept (time, "sense of duration") ?
I'm asking because it's an interesting parameter and surely if/when one experiences that, they will notice something :-)
Clock time is highly subjective and people change at different rates. Some people notice, others don't. There is no hard-and-fast rule. Usually it requires a significant "upgrade" to be noticed. We adjust to slow change, very quickly.
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii