--daniel blogging

"The hottest topic in Bedrock, since the lava flow down main street!"

Discussion of topics brought up in daniel's blog on the RS2--daniel main site.

Moderator:daniel

Aaron
Cognitor
Cognitor
--daniel blogging

Post by Aaron » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:55 pm

This is awesome. Ive been laying the suggestive seeds for this to happen for years , but hey "Good Things Come to Those Who Wait" ;)

There are any number of relevant cliches I could offer here, but one stands out:

"What We Do in Life Echoes in Eternity" ... or perhaps in the RS daniel might say " Eternity IS the echoes of the Past, Present and Future"

Bravo daniel, meeting and knowing you has been one of my life's greatest pleasures. And for that I am truly grateful.

Djchrismac
Adept
Adept

Re: --daniel blogging

Post by Djchrismac » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:14 pm

Nice one with the seed planting Aaron, who knows what else daniel's blog tangents will uncover, I can't wait to find out!

From the first blog on Life, the Universe and Digital Society I agree that attention spans are definitely on a downward spiral and whenever I get the train home about 90% of people are plugged in or using their phone, while i'm usually taking photo's of the chemtrails and frequency controlled clouds blocking the sunset!

I do read PDF books on my phone when travelling but more for convenience and it's usually an RS2 paper or folklore/mythology i'm reading about instead of trawling through updates on social media.

I found the following quite revealing:
But the article does point out that young people, due to the excessive use of earbuds and headphones, are becoming deaf to certain sounds (mentioned specifically as T’s and K’s in the article) that my generation can still hear clearly, despite our old age! The example given in the article is that the word “talk” is actually heard by the brain as “aw.”

If you’ve studied the pattern recognition system of the brain, it uses a “head-tail list” system of recognition. If you leave out the middle of a word, the brain can usually fill in the missing bits to figure out which word you meant.
It made me think of "missing time" episodes from alien or LM encounters, where people aren't mentally or emotionally ready for the encounter so the brain can't pattern match and the incident is glossed over by the brain, resulting in no memory of the encounter which must be remembered later either when the person is ready for it, through meditation or by hypnosis, in order to fill in the gap.
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

infinity
Mage
Mage

Post by infinity » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:02 am

Today, the blogosphere - tomorrow, THE WORLD!!!!

infinity
Mage
Mage

Post by infinity » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:51 am

I just want to say how awesome the blog posts are. They are really awesome. Ok I said it.

Lozion
Adept
Adept

Post by Lozion » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:43 pm

infinity wrote:I just want to say how awesome the blog posts are. They are really awesome. Ok I said it.

I concur!
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

daniel
Professor
Professor

Post by daniel » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:30 am

I appreciate that. What convinced me to blog was Aaron and Chris' suggestions that we need to get the "word" out, that there is an alternative to rivalry and competition, and see if we can reach enough people that might be interested in creating a rapport-based community to see what humanity is capable of doing, when removed from the total control of the powers that be.

So I'll keep writing and you folks spread the word... if you are interested in what I am presenting or being part of a rapport-based community, "friend me" on Facebook; it's a start!
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

Lozion
Adept
Adept

Post by Lozion » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:26 pm

Yes. Noticed we have a few new members so keep up the good work.

thumbs-up-brown-hi.png
thumbs-up-brown-hi.png (24.17KiB)Viewed 37675 times
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

infinity
Mage
Mage

Post by infinity » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:16 am

I noticed that the latest blog doesn't show when loading the home page for www.conscioushugs.com

It rather shows the latest 3 posts as smaller pictures at the top, but only the 4th blog post starts reading underneath.

I recommend the way its displayed to be changed because when a person opens the page they expect to see the latest blog ready to read at the top - instead seeing the 4th latest one currently

daniel
Professor
Professor

Post by daniel » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:47 am

infinity wrote:I noticed that the latest blog doesn't show when loading the home page for http://www.conscioushugs.com

It rather shows the latest 3 posts as smaller pictures at the top, but only the 4th blog post starts reading underneath.

I recommend the way its displayed to be changed because when a person opens the page they expect to see the latest blog ready to read at the top - instead seeing the 4th latest one currently
I also mentioned that to Aaron, but there is something odd with the sorting that is making it come out backwards. If you know Wordpress, you might PM him on how to fix it, as he was not able to figure it out.
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

Aaron
Cognitor
Cognitor

Post by Aaron » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:14 pm

Its not really a Wordpress issue, but rather this particular theme. It has the option of showing 3 blocks of featured content, which in this theme defaults from the blog roll.

As such, the out of the box theme choices are:

1. Use the 3 blocks of featured content at the top (like it is now), but these 3 blocks take hierarchy over the rest of the blog roll IF these blocks are also the 3 most recent blog posts. (which in this case they are) As such,the next blog in the que shows in the main page view. However it is possible to control whatever blog posts you want in the top 3 panes by simply assigning a tag that appears in these positions. The way I had it before was the last 3 daniel paper blog posts, and then all the recent blog posts appeared in the blog roll. I changed these top 3 blocks recently to simply give the blog a refreshed content look, but if viewers feel its better the old way, it can be reverted back. Right now since the top 3 panes are also the last 3 blog posts, the 4th back is the one that appears, but if another blog was posted now, it would default in the main view if its not tagged to appear in the top blocks. (in short, at the moment the blog showing in the main page load is the 4th one back but this is only a consequence of the tags of the top 3 blocks of the most recent posts)

2. we can eliminate the top 3 blocks all together and then just the most recent blog post would appear on the main page view.

3. it might be possible to edit the theme code to pull in the most recent posts in the main view regardless if they are also tagged as featured and appear in the top blocks.

So these are basically the choices available. Tell me what you all prefer and we can make it so...:)