Psychology, Alchemy, Mythology

Revealing how history was hidden in the past, and the origins of man are a lot different than what is taught.

Moderator:daniel

SpaceMan
Inquirer
Inquirer
Psychology, Alchemy, Mythology

Post by SpaceMan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:02 pm

As a compliment to my own work concerning my unconscious; through the beginning phases of psychocartography, I'm looking to start delving into works (psychological or otherwise) that go over the complexes of the psyche, how they manifest themselves, and how the themes/motifs of dreams express themselves all in more depth. A more thorough understanding of how identification, projection, and transference play out in real word situations is desired as well. That's a concise version of what I'm shooting for. These topics and their full implications are quite vast as everyone here already knows. From what I've gleaned from here as well as from Antiquatis is that studies of Psychology, Alchemy(in a broader sense all of the Hermetic sciences), and Mythology are all excellent for this purpose and Carl G Jung seems to be a good intersection of all these topics to begin that deeper study with. I've been considering starting with his work Symbols of Transformation. Has anyone read this or any of his other works? I'm trying to ascertain if this is a good place to start, and any helpful insights or things to keep in mind if this is where I decide to start are appreciated as well.