Firmament?

Revealing how history was hidden in the past, and the origins of man are a lot different than what is taught.

Moderator:daniel

daniel
Professor
Professor
Re: Firmament?

Post by daniel » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:32 am

PHIon wrote:It seems like we as spatial beings measure in terms of an illusion of linear time (cycles per second) and the "other side" measures in terms of an illusion of linear space (meters per cycle).
Exactly right! You got it. And now that you can see "both sides of the coin" (or both aspects of motion), you can understand what a "cycle" actually is.
PHIon wrote:You mentioned that the vacuum of space is point-based, but then I envision that the only perfect line between points can exist in my mind, which is 3D time if I am understanding correctly. You mentioned that lines are the intersection of the vacuum of space and 3D time. How do points in space connect with time? Does the spatial point have volume in the vacuum but the line does not?
I recommend you take a look at Nick Thomas' Projective Geometry site on space and counterspace, which has some nice graphics of geometric duality (how points, lines and planes end up opposites of each other, depending upon dimensions): http://www.nct.anth.org.uk/
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

joeyv23
Mage
Mage

Post by joeyv23 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:10 pm

PHIon wrote:
daniel wrote:the colors aren't really "color," but speed. A color is a frequency, cycles per second. When on the "other side," you end up with "meters per cycle," which is how fast a wave is moving. .
It seems like we as spatial beings measure in terms of an illusion of linear time (cycles per second) and the "other side" measures in terms of an illusion of linear space (meters per cycle). We seem to be moving from past to future but it is actually always now, and 3D time beings seem to be moving through what seems like space to them but they are "still at A" (a quote from "infinity" of this forum).
infinity wrote: so in 3d time, YOU don't move from A to B - everything else actually "changes position" and you're still at A.
Somehow I ended up revisiting this and I've realized that I've been seeing the world through this perspective for a good portion of my life. When I was a teen, I watched a lot of Star Trek with my dad and was trying to imagine how a practical holodeck could be built. I could imagine projected images on 4 walls, the floor, and the ceiling, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how they would be able to walk around a giant landscape.. in a closed in room. The only thing I could think of at the time was of a floor that could move under you like a treadmill, but would have to move in any direction that you step. Not very long after this, I was walking down the road, imagining that the road beneath WAS my magical treadmill floor... that I WAS walking around... but I wasn't really moving. Each step I took it was as if I set the world spinning below my feet. It became much easier to think about when riding in a car. People in the car seemingly don't move, but if you look outside of the car while you're moving, you have a different reality. I began imagining my life as a perfect holodeck simulation from then on. Though we all perceive each other as moving around each other spatially, it's an illusion... a grand illusion :) The way I see it, there is only one place and that is Here. There is only one time and that is Now.
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

infinity
Mage
Mage

Post by infinity » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:45 am

Now imagine what you can do if you are able to apply this understanding practically. If there is only now and only here, then, on some level, there isn't really more than one place or more than one time.

So, you could have 2 of you in different places at the same time doing different things, consciously and intentionally. If you would like an eye witness account of this being done, read the Autobiography of a Yogi book where the author shares an example where he saw someone do this.

The same can be applied to time. You could realistically learn how to be in more than one time, consciously in both, doing different things in both times, yet being aware of both at the same time. Of course, this is a lot easier said than done, because your awareness and access to memory cannot be grounded in your physical brain since you are "experiencing 2 brains at once" - in two different times - so your awareness needs to tap into the good stuff that isn't limited by "space or time". But its certainly do-able.

You get the idea.

Some more thoughts on this;
"The good stuff" that isn't limited by space or time are sometimes referred to as the unconscious in psychological terms or to "beingness" by the more philosophical. Whether this is accurate or not is not my field of expertise. But my understanding (I'm open to correction here) follows something like this:

When dreaming at night, most people struggle to "bring back" information and memory of experiences during dreams. You "dream" a lot more than you think you do, even if you remember some of it. The translation between the unconscious and the conscious can be bumpy. Its two different worlds. The one has very different rules than the other. When you wake, the rules of the conscious mind is important. Your "conscious mind" isn't going to let the "infinite" unconscious mind just take over - otherwise it can't keep track of everything and you'll go nuts. Keeping your heart beating and your attention on where you're walking is a critical part of physical survival, and the "conscious mind" does its job well. But part of that job is keeping the "unconscious mind" under the lid. Tripping out while you should be watching out for traffic is a bad combination.

But you can learn to "manage" it and learn how to tap into tiny bits of your unconscious at a time (because we're experiencing linear time with our "conscious mind" now remember) without losing the important function of your "conscious mind". Think of an electric current running through a circuit board. If the current is too much, the circuit board gets fried. But the stronger the circuit board, the more energy it can handle.

By doing very specific things with your mind to "beef up" your circuits, you would be able to consciously handle more and more of the infiniteness of the here and now that is accessible through the unconscious. Meditation for the purpose of building intense and prolonged concentration is an excellent starting place, but remember that there's other things lurking in the unconscious that will block or can even be dangerous to opening this access. Deal with emotional issues, fears, anger, hurts. Deal with prejudices. You don't want these things to come knocking with the force of the infinite, so never force the process. Just flow with it. The inner work is the imporant part.

I hope the way that I explain it helps!

joeyv23
Mage
Mage

Post by joeyv23 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:26 pm

This reminds me of what I've been reading recently in Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics where he talks about the different energy bodies that we have and how they can operate seperately, but are indeed the same consciousness. As he puts it the physical body houses the main copy of a persons consciousness. Any time we dream, an energy double is reflected out and a shadow or copy of the main consciousness goes with it. The energy body then goes and does whatever you want, and then returns and reintegrates with the physical body, merging the memory with that of the main consciousness. It also makes sense that while the energy double is out and about, the main copy is still working. It is still keeping our heart pumping, our lungs breathing, etc. I've also recently come to understand more about our interdimensionality, specifically that there are souls incarnate here at this time, that are at the same time existing elsewhere in the universe in/on a planet/star.

For me, I have been having trouble keeping the energy double's memory. Sometimes I do, but other times it's like normal sleep. Eyes close, dark, dark, dark, eyes open.

Thank you for your message, it was well received. I have been struggling to get the memories of what I do at night to stick with me, and it's clear that I'm only compounding the problem. I've gotta step back in the flow and quit fighting it :)
"Living is not necessary, but navigation is." --Pompey
"Navigation is necessary in order to live." --Me

Djchrismac
Adept
Adept

Post by Djchrismac » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:49 pm

joeyv23 wrote:For me, I have been having trouble keeping the energy double's memory. Sometimes I do, but other times it's like normal sleep. Eyes close, dark, dark, dark, eyes open.
I find that too but for the last few years I have had several really vivid repeating dreams or similar dreams in the same place. I started a dream map and that's helping although even using X-mind on the computer makes it tricky to properly make a map but i've got a few good things noted now including repeating themes and patterns.

I think i'll go with the suggestion of recording my dream into my phone as soon as I wake up, I really want to get to the bottom of what's going on inside my head! I'm going to buy a big drawing pad and coloured pencils too as I think it will be easier to map that way.
joeyv23 wrote:Thank you for your message, it was well received. I have been struggling to get the memories of what I do at night to stick with me, and it's clear that I'm only compounding the problem. I've gotta step back in the flow and quit fighting it :)
Always go with the flow man! :D

Cheers Infinity and Joey, i'm looking forward to reading up on Astral Dynamics!
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!