Catholic Prayers

Revealing how history was hidden in the past, and the origins of man are a lot different than what is taught.

Moderator:daniel

bruce
Cognitor
Cognitor
Catholic Prayers

Post by bruce » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Inspired by Mauro Biglino's literal translations of the Hebrew Bible and being raised Roman Catholic back in the days when the mass was in Latin, I started to wonder what they were actually saying. I have a basic understanding of how Biglino approached the Hebrew syntax and applied the same to the Catholic prayers, remembering that they were trying to express concepts with common words, so the conventional interpretation doesn't always agree.

Let's start out with The Lord's Prayer (old version):
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
The common Latin is this:
Pater noster, qui es in cœlis; sanctificatur nomen tuum:
Adveniat regnum tuum; fiat voluntas tua, sicut in cœlo, et in terra.
Panem nostrum cotidianum da nobis hodie: Et dimitte nobis debita nostra,
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris:
et ne nos inducas in tentationem:
sed libera nos a malo.
There are a number of words taken out of context, that are similar to the Hebrew, such as "tuum" being a variant of "tselem", meaning "genetic" and "nomen" is more of a "codification" than a label or name. Makes for an interesting translation, given the view of the "gods" being extra-terrestrials. What it actually says, in that context and using more modern words:
All-father, who is in the sky, binding is thy genetic code.
Your shuttlecraft arrives, making landing on Earth just as in Heaven.
Send to die our quota of goats, and discontinue what we owe,
as we discontinue our indebtedness to you.
And assure we perform according to agreement,
also free us from a year of punishment.
It's the Annunaki coming to pick up a tribute of herd animals to stock their kitchen!

I used "shuttlecraft," rather than "Heaven", because the text refers to the transport between "cœlo" (space) and "terra" (earth).

The medieval Latin meaning of "panem" is not loaf or bread, but "shepherd-tended," referring to the flock the shepherd takes care of. I used "goats" as they were the choice animal of sacrifice in those days, per Biblical records, and were tended by a shepherd.

I've been going through a few more of the "prayers," and they are more of a history lesson with the occasional magical incantation thrown in. I already knew a good deal of Christian symbolism, particularly in songs ("12 drummers, drumming = 12 apostles, etc), but this is turning out to be much more interesting.